• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New in this community, hello to everybody

T-Rep69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/20
Dear all,
I just joined this community. I will take my time to read, study and learn from this Watchipedia.
The guides that I have found here are super-useful.

As a beginner, I have one curiosity that I could not satisfy yet.
Is there any particular connection between a given TD and a given factory?
I mean: maybe it is better to buy ARF watches from TD-1 and ZF watches from TD-2 because they are closer or have better relation?

Thank you
Cheers
T-Rep69

Reactions: Philos45

Philos45

Looking Around
19/9/20
Hello T-Rep69

I am also new here and so I am trying to take small steps on this site, learn and interact when I am furnished with the correct ways!! It may take somme time haha..
I am very much interseted in all things Rolex, especaillly the submariner.. How about you mate??
Cheers
Philos45

T-Rep69

21/9/20
Hello T-Rep69

I am also new here and so I am trying to take small steps on this site, learn and interact when I am furnished with the correct ways!! It may take somme time haha..
I am very much interseted in all things Rolex, especaillly the submariner.. How about you mate??
Cheers
Philos45

Hi Philos45.
Thank you for the welcome!
I like Omega's (Speedmaster mostly, but it looks that it is a difficult watch to rep), but also interested in Rolex Daytona and Submariner, Zenith El Primero and IWC Portuguese Chrono. There are so many information that I will need a lot of time (;-) to collect all the information!
Cheers,
T-Rep69

Last edited:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Welcome to RWI and enjoy your stay. You raise an interesting question regarding TD/Factory relationship which many of us wonder about. All the best.

Bearmarketrader

2/9/20
Chicago
Dear all,
I just joined this community. I will take my time to read, study and learn from this Watchipedia.
The guides that I have found here are super-useful.

As a beginner, I have one curiosity that I could not satisfy yet.
Is there any particular connection between a given TD and a given factory?
I mean: maybe it is better to buy ARF watches from TD-1 and ZF watches from TD-2 because they are closer or have better relation?

Thank you
Cheers
T-Rep69

Hello Fellow-Noob. I have been on Reddit's Reptime for quite sometime and I'v heard that Jtime may have a close relationship with ZZF. Li (Jtime) also has some detailed reviews of ZZF subs on RWI. However, I cant confirm that--just 3rd hand info from another forum. However, if you find out more please let us know!

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I'd suggest it makes no real difference OP. Perhaps a certain TD might get earlier/more reliable access to a brand new, in demand release from a favourite factory so that if you shop with say a smaller TD, you might end up waiting a week or two longer to get QC/the watch, but that small point aside, I think they're all much of a muchness and even if a TD had factory links, it's unlikely to make any difference to the buyer.

T-Rep69

21/9/20
Hello Fellow-Noob. I have been on Reddit's Reptime for quite sometime and I'v heard that Jtime may have a close relationship with ZZF. Li (Jtime) also has some detailed reviews of ZZF subs on RWI. However, I cant confirm that--just 3rd hand info from another forum. However, if you find out more please let us know!

Thank you for the information. Today I was also reading that Puretime has a very good relation with ARF.

Wondering which is the best TD for OMF and V6F (that is for the Omega's rep).

Best.

Bearmarketrader

2/9/20
Chicago
Seems like it may be a question that never gets answered!
​​​​​
​​​I would find a TD you are comfortable and go from there.

Omegas appear to be replicated pretty well depending on what one(s) you want (per the link below). I got the VSF Seamaster 300m and it was near perfect. Some small batch flaws(for the lack of better terms)-- but all these watches are gonna have that. Good luck my friend!

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...sion/308081-consensual-list-super-reps-nwbigs

Reactions: T-Rep69

T-Rep69

21/9/20
Seems like it may be a question that never gets answered!
​​​​​
​​​I would find a TD you are comfortable and go from there.

Omegas appear to be replicated pretty well depending on what one(s) you want (per the link below). I got the VSF Seamaster 300m and it was near perfect. Some small batch flaws(for the lack of better terms)-- but all these watches are gonna have that. Good luck my friend!

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...sion/308081-consensual-list-super-reps-nwbigs

Thank you for the link to the post of NWBIG (now I know what it means ;-).
I am also considering the Seamaster 300m.
Cheers.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
You simply don’t need to differentiate between TDs and their (possible) links to watch factories.

With a TD, you’re better off finding one that has the attributes you prefer whether that is cost, speed of service, favourite T&Cs, customer care etc. So do some reading in the review sections to see who you like the sound of.

Probably more important is to research the watch you want. VSF make a MUCH better watch than OMF for example.

TDs are like UberEats drivers - they all have access to all of the restaurants. Whether you order from McDs or a Michelin starred restaurant (and what you order from each restaurant) is going to affect the end product you receive more than whether the UberEats driver that brings your food likes the boss of Restaurant A more than Restaurant B.

T-Rep69

21/9/20
You simply don’t need to differentiate between TDs and their (possible) links to watch factories.

With a TD, you’re better off finding one that has the attributes you prefer whether that is cost, speed of service, favourite T&Cs, customer care etc. So do some reading in the review sections to see who you like the sound of.

Probably more important is to research the watch you want. VSF make a MUCH better watch than OMF for example.

TDs are like UberEats drivers - they all have access to all of the restaurants. Whether you order from McDs or a Michelin starred restaurant (and what you order from each restaurant) is going to affect the end product you receive more than whether the UberEats driver that brings your food likes the boss of Restaurant A more than Restaurant B.

Thank you. I'll read the Review sections to pick a TD and start the journey ...
Cheers.

Bearmarketrader

2/9/20
Chicago
Good choice, VSF does an awesome rep. Check the VSF SMP thread for extensive details on this one.

Welcome to the club or should I say loony bin? :thumbup:

It's my favorite watch even over some of my gen watches! Thank you for the warm welcome!