• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"New" member from next door here

JakD

Horology Curious
1/6/16
Hi all, my first time on this forum.

I have been a, let's say intermittent member over at RWG since 2013 now, with activity going up and down through the years. The past 4-5 years I have been pretty much absent from the rep game with all my reps becoming box queens, and me for simplicity fully depending on my G-shock due to a busy work schedule and my own one-man house refurbishing project. Finishing my house plus a recent decision to quit work and go back to studiyng full time has enabled me to take up this hobby again.

Upon researching all the increasingly beautiful replicas released during my years of abscence I found that I wasn't getting all the info I wanted over at RWG, as I'm very meticulous about details when it comes to different reps from different factories, what the differences are and ultimately, who has the best version. I discovered alot of very good writeups over on this forum (with alot of them being linked to over on RWG) and this led me to sign up here aswell to expand my knowledge in the everlasting hunt for the perfect rep.

My grail watch is the Seamaster 300m, the ultimate Bond-watch which got me into this game in the first place back in the day. I definitely am an Omega-junkie but I also have a few Rolexes, a Breitling Skyland Avenger, a gen Seiko and a couple G-shocks, the latter which have been used (and abused) the most in recent years.
Looking to expand the collection with the 2018 VSF Seamaster, BP 300M Chrono with the faux 3 o'clock dial and the ever so unobtainable Noob Superocean Abyss 44 if I can ever get a hold of it...

Thanks for reading, I look forward to doing the same on here.

Throwing in the pics I had at the time of posting...
ZzdmEs.jpg

Zzdit3.jpg

ZzdqHY.jpg

ZzdO4k.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: macarone