• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello from USA

carobchip

Looking Around
25/6/20
Hello everyone,

About a year ago I fell down the rabbit hole of watch collecting and we all can agree how expensive of a hobby it can be.

Just three weeks ago, I stumbled across r/reptime and soon I found myself entering another world of replica watches.
I still have a lot to learn and I just wanted to say thank you for all the knowledge shared on this forum in advance.

I also am interested in possibly starting a long-term project of frankenwatches.

Currently I am eyeing Vacheron Constantine Overseas 2000V XF (Such an amazing sunburst dial)
Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711 ppf v3 white (Still blown away by how close it is to gen)

Are there any watches you guys like to recommend that are excellent models for frankenwatches? (Preferably 40mm under in case diameter)

Thanks for taking the time to read this post!

Have a great day.

-Carobchip

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Welcome to RWI. Frankening a Patek Philippe Nautilus will be expensive because of the scarcity of the parts. On the other hand Rolex DateJust and Submariner model parts are more plentiful and less expensive. You decide on what you can afford.. All the best in your endeavors.

Reactions: carobchip

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Welcome to the Darkside

carobchip

Looking Around
25/6/20
Welcome to RWI. Frankening a Patek Philippe Nautilus will be expensive because of the scarcity of the parts. On the other hand Rolex DateJust and Submariner model parts are more plentiful and less expensive. You decide on what you can afford.. All the best in your endeavors.

Thank you, I'll make sure to look into the cost of individual parts! Seems like the Submariner would be a good option as well.

carobchip

Looking Around
25/6/20
Last edited:
Reactions: beau7816