• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just saying good day!

Mil Watch

Horology Curious
23/3/20
Hello everyone, just joined the team to learn more and meet like minded people. I have a passion for military watches and have quite a collection of British Issued Watches.
But like a lot of you guys I'll never have the ability to own a genuine 5517 Milsub.
So looking to get some advice on where to start building my own. First up, who manufacturer's the best case? I've looked at Helenarou, Phong and Ruby's watch.
I'm looking to build a watch that is close to as original as possible and using some genuine parts too.
Any help in guiding me in the right direction would be awesome and extremely appreciated.

Kind Regards

Mil

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
Welcome to the forum! Personally would recommend Phong as I've used them for a case before but you would be better off asking the gents in the Rolex sub forum. Best of luck with your build!

Mil Watch

Horology Curious
23/3/20
Thank you offpink, would you know about sourcing a movement and choosing a movement?
I'm thinking I could put in an ETA 2824 movement and then source a clone 1520 / 30 later?

Jxtanner

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/9/18
^ start off with a cartel case or sort from a TD. Don’t be afraid to ask for help! The members are super friendly and helpful and I had my case shaped by a more experienced member here. If you don’t know then try yourself and you’ll learn!

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Welcome to RWI ! Happy modding.