• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello from California

Kacki

Horology Curious
13/2/20
Discovered RWI a few days ago after about 3 months of a sub-$1K Gen watches newly found interest. Wow!

Countess Koscowicz

1/1/20
UK
Welcome! Take you’re time to read in depth about the watches you’re into and look forward to hearing what you go for! Do you have an idea of what reps you’re looking into? :)

Last edited:

Kacki

Horology Curious
13/2/20
Thanks! Well I don't know if this erratic behavior is normal or not :p but read on for your answer.

But I came in thinking "Sub". Then I figured why not be slightly different and go Tudor. But I grew up in a time and place where Omega was highly respected and sought after, and I remember that was my dream watch (no I didn't even know which model as a kid). So I think - emphasis on think - that an Omega, either a PO (Orange/Black is my current swoon) or a Bond model. I'm going to give it time to sink in.
PS My wife is sorta into watches too (because of me!). She's allowed me to buy her 4 watches in the last 3 months, each $300 or less. So it's time to get her something special (without the special price). She looked at a Datejust in the store in Dec and really liked it.

5t3f4n

WTB Slevin/Ploprof
21/9/17
Ita - Eu
Thanks! Well I don't know if this erratic behavior is normal or not :p but read on for your answer.

But I came in thinking "Sub". Then I figured why not be slightly different and go Tudor. But I grew up in a time and place where Omega was highly respected and sought after, and I remember that was my dream watch (no I didn't even know which model as a kid). So I think - emphasis on think - that an Omega, either a PO (Orange/Black is my current swoon) or a Bond model. I'm going to give it time to sink in.
PS My wife is sorta into watches too (because of me!). She's allowed me to buy her 4 watches in the last 3 months, each $300 or less. So it's time to get her something special (without the special price). She looked at a Datejust in the store in Dec and really liked it.

Welcome m8, for your wife take a look at the Cartier rep, they're all well made and it's a brand that usually women love!

Kacki

Horology Curious
13/2/20
I must say, you guys are a friendly and warm bunch, which I can't tell you how much I appreciate. Not often the case with many fora. As for the Cartier reccos, give me time, LOL. She prides herself on being a simple person but who can deny the obvious style of all those high-end watches, even if replicas!

psssniper

Supporter
Certified
25/4/17
I must say, you guys are a friendly and warm bunch, which I can't tell you how much I appreciate. Not often the case with many fora. As for the Cartier reccos, give me time, LOL. She prides herself on being a simple person but who can deny the obvious style of all those high-end watches, even if replicas!

Well just don't go into the shoutbox, ask which is the best sub and which TD can get it for you :)

Kacki

Horology Curious
13/2/20
LOL, speaking of which, which is the best sub and which TD can get it for me? :)

But seriously, am doing a lot of reading and I hope I don't have to tell you guys, it ain't easy. Not one to ask questions randomly so will keep reading. Started a spreadsheet, which is growing by the day. One thing I am noticing, which I don't know if it's unusual and that I referred to earlier, is my tastes seem to be changing or at least adjusting, the more I read. Anyone else have this happen?

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
One thing I am noticing, which I don't know if it's unusual and that I referred to earlier, is my tastes seem to be changing or at least adjusting, the more I read. Anyone else have this happen?
I notice that the more I look in different sub forums, the more watches I want to get. This is why I try and limit myself to the Breitling, Omega and IWC sub forums. My wallet can't handle Rolex or AP frankens at the moment!

psssniper

Supporter
Certified
25/4/17
Changing tastes seems to be common. Initially I was into 1675's then that transitioned to 6542's, But I KNEW I would never wear a Hulk, Yachtmaster, Daytona or any of that flashy stuff .... yeah ... never say never :)

Kacki

Horology Curious
13/2/20
Yikes. In the last 4 days I have identified at least 4 Omega models that I want. Of course, if (big if) I got 4 or more (do I hear chuckling?) it would be over time (yes I do believe that is chuckling).