• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Entering Planet Rep

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Hello everyone,

I'm a new member since a few days, 47 and from Germany. I found this great forum after seeing a YT video on the current quality level of rep watches. I'm also active in other watch forums but quickly learned just how little I knew about the details of gen watches, even the ones I own. There's a ton of great information spread over RWI and I found the tone to be very friendly as well.

I've​ actually owned six quite expensive gens over the last 15 years and lost some serious money when reselling half of them. I still own an Aqua Terra Captain's Watch, a Navitimer 46 and a Superocean Abyss 42. However, I can't motivate myself spending big money on watches anymore as my priorities have shifted. That stuff was more important to me when I got my first promotions and moved up the career ladder. To sum it up: I was young, had too much money and the wrong priorities. Besides the expensive ones, I own several mechanical watches from Micro-Brands, a handful of G-Shocks and two GPS sports watches.

I'm currently planning to get a VSF AT and a PO 42 at first step, maybe a AP 15400 as well. Let's see what comes next, there's a lot to discover and I'm amazed how far reps have come since I first bought a Sub replica on a business trip to Shanghai 12 years ago.

Cheers and have a nice weekend!