• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New guy from RI!

Hack82

Looking Around
24/1/20
United States
Hey guys/gals, new member from Riverside, Rhode Island, US. I've been lurking around the forum and obsessively reading threads for a few months now and can't begin to tell you how much awesome information I've already obtained. I'm brand new to the rep game and I'm most impressed with how incredible some of these new reps are in comparison to the gens. Amazing to think I'll be able to wear near perfect versions of watches that I had never dreamed of being able to afford. I've been into luxury watches my entire life and stumbling upon this new world has been pretty exciting.

Currently, I'm in the market for a white dial Daytona (116500LN) and, obviously, have been wracking my brain on whether to grab the Noob V3 or ARF V2. I've read through thousands of posts on almost every related thread conceivable and am still kinda torn (I know, I know, I'm just as annoyed writing that as you are reading it). Obviously, creating a franken of the two would be my best bet, but the expertise that would take is kinda scaring me off right now more than the cost. I've never even taken off a watch's case back, let alone shaved a dial or removed and replaced a bezel. I have hard time making decisions like these based off photos alone but I'll get there.

Anyway, I just wanted to stop by to introduce myself, say hello, and thank everyone who has contributed to all of the threads I have been reading. You guys are top notch and incredibly helpful to a newbie who is trying to navigate an industry that doesn't provide much information about it's products at all (understandably).

Can't wait to get my feet wet with my first rep! Cheers!

Last edited:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Welcome to RWI. You do indeed have a difficult decision to make between the two iterations of the Daytona models you mentioned.

jb3md

Renowned Member
11/8/19
Welcome bro- I’d suggest keeping an eye on the M2M section and those hybrid Daytonas come up for sale from time to time. You could also collect the parts and send to watchmaker who can assemble for you.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI