• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Greetings from Belgium!

Pat_Hattori

Looking Around
25/1/20
Belgium/Sweden
Hi all, new member here... just wanted to thank all of you active members for the wealth of information I’ve gathered over the last few months. Just started this great hobby, but the info on this forum helped me mod my first caliber already! I franken’d a sellita sw200-1 to a no date, non-hacking, low beat, 2 position crown movement. The donor movement was an eta 2840. Warning to you all, sellita and eta parts are not completely interchangeable. The balance bridge for example is different. So I had to switch the balances between bridges. Not easy :)
Anyway, next job is drilling lug holes in a raffles case! Good times...

greetings,

pat

Last edited:
Reactions: Raddave

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Welcome to RWI. Looks like you're on your way to be an advanced member, already working on movements etc.... All the best.

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
You're off to a great start! Unfortunately, can't say the same for myself, bought an ETA2824 to play with and learn to service but keep delaying the day I will actually sit down, watch the tutorials and work on it.

Have a great Sunday!

Pat_Hattori

Looking Around
25/1/20
Belgium/Sweden
In the end disassembling and assembling a movement isn’t that hard. Takes a steady hand and a lot of patience... Had to order some spare screws though! They tend to fly off and get lost. And a lot of youtubing ;) next step will be learning to oil the movement