• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Thailand reps

Ash55baby

Looking Around
20/8/19
Currently in Phuket. Have been here many times but now more knowledgeable thanks to this site. A million choices but quality average and sellers seem to have zero knowledge of each watch. No idea of movement or where they are made and just tell you anything, Japan, Korea even Swiss and when I ask for Chinese they say all rubbish? They not happy when I pull out my eyepiece magnifying glass. Does anyone know where the bulk of these are made. I have bought good quality in Bangkok but most of my Phuket watches never last. Prices for say a Rolex submariner vary from $120 Aust dollar to $1000 for “Swiss” which look way better but do not believe any are Swiss made. Anyone with any knowledge of Phuket watch buying

TastyTreats

Put Some Respect On My Name
21/5/12
Never Land
Hi Bud, Bulk of these are made in China and Thailand. The quality of the watches is very average compared to what you will find from a TD here on the forum. I would not consider buying anything there when for a little extra you can purchase something more reliable. A lot of the stock they have are V1's and old. The have sat in those rooms and on the side of the road for a long time with little to no turn over. In my view they are no better than a paper weight. An expensive one at that.

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
When in Thailand, Bangkok and Phuket! Long hair swinging, middle finger in the air lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doggy81

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/2/20
Just registered here because I am in Phuket Patong for a while now. Looking for a decent Datejust replica. They asking 3500 baht for a "good copy" as they say. Since I have no idea from replicas, I have no idea if they any good. But I think 110€ for a replica seems a lot. I want to buy a Datejust to get the feel of that watch. Might buy the original one some day when I win the lottery. But until then, it have to be a replica.

I guess you asked in the Bangla Road yeah? I´ve seen two shops there. I am ready to pay $$$ is I get a good damn quality.

doggy81

18/2/20
If you think 110 euro is a lot for a rep, then you should look at DH Gate.

Welcome to RWI and enjoy some good reading :wave-1:

The following link has new content
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...45#post7808745:welcome:

Thanks! I only want to see how the Datejust feels and looks on my arm for a couple of months. If I buy the real thing and 3 months later realize I dont like it etc. I burn lots of money. A replica could help here I think.

I am "close" to China here in Thailand. You think ordering online (any source?) from there is a smart move? 110 bucks is not much if the quality is ok. But I dont want to pay 110 bucks here and 2 weeks later the watch fall apart and stop working.

Last edited:

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16
the watch falling apart and/or stopping to work is a situation you should consider as realistic for any replica, no matter what price
maybe 10% chance for stopping to work depending on what movement you choose
falling apart chances are lower but if you include loose screws/rotor/hands/.. maybe 3% chance

if you only need it to figure whether you like it before buying the real thing a working watch is not mandatory though

Reginald (Narikaa) is operating out of Thailand. Maybe touch base with him.
https://narikaa.smugmug.com/
[email protected]

Reactions: doggy81

doggy81

18/2/20
the watch falling apart and/or stopping to work is a situation you should consider as realistic for any replica, no matter what price
maybe 10% chance for stopping to work depending on what movement you choose
falling apart chances are lower but if you include loose screws/rotor/hands/.. maybe 3% chance

if you only need it to figure whether you like it before buying the real thing a working watch is not mandatory though

Reginald (Narikaa) is operating out of Thailand. Maybe touch base with him.
https://narikaa.smugmug.com/
[email protected]

Thanks! I contacted him. You think these are good quality copies? Or the lower end? Compared to the best copies.

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16
they are ok but all have a lower quality movement, mostly DG2813 or Miyota 82xx
sometimes they do not last very long but cheap to replace

Reactions: doggy81

doggy81

18/2/20
they are ok but all have a lower quality movement, mostly DG2813 or Miyota 82xx
sometimes they do not last very long but cheap to replace

Thanks. Unfortunately he does not ship inside Thailand. Maybe I can handle down the price to 2.5k baht and buy it here in Phuket.