• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hi RWI From CONUS!

Bioxshock

Horology Curious
2/1/20
CONUS
Hi RWI,

I'm relatively new to the Replica world (lurking for about 3 months) but I've been an avid reader of watch news.

I imagine like a fair amount of people here I never really saw myself getting into replicas when I first joined the watch world, but for a variety of reasons I've started to be able to rationalize it more. I'd have to say the largest 2 reasons for me are my own personal interest in watchmaking, modding, and tinkering and my growing disillusionment of AD sales practices. I love working with my hands but realize that mistakes are too costly or even warranty voiding with genuine and the games required to even have the privilege of purchasing from an AD just rub me the wrong way.

Looking forward to learning a lot more about modding and maybe eventually getting into some custom work myself (I have a strong background in advanced manufacturing).

Best,
Bioxshock

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Welcome to RWI. You've come to the right place to learn more on modding and just simply working on replica watches.

Bioxshock

Horology Curious
2/1/20
CONUS
Thanks all! I'm mostly focusing on cheaper member sales (but not DHGate shitters, just older or more used) to get some experience with repairs, refinishing, and basic maintenance. I've also decided on my first truly new watch - the XF AP 15202. I really wish the blue fume dial was possible, but I understand that the more special something is the harder it is to replicate well.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
Thanks all! I'm mostly focusing on cheaper member sales (but not DHGate shitters, just older or more used) to get some experience with repairs, refinishing, and basic maintenance.

I find this to be very admirable, this is how I started here and have been doing as such for a while. Most of my collection is composed of watches that I bought broken and learned to fix watches using them as test examples. Many good watches can be had for cheap and fixed for cheap. It gives such a rewarding feeling. I hope you get that same feeling I did when you fix your first successfully. But, don’t fret when the first few don’t go correctly. Trial and error.

Looking forward to your progress!

Bioxshock

Horology Curious
2/1/20
CONUS
I find this to be very admirable, this is how I started here and have been doing as such for a while. Most of my collection is composed of watches that I bought broken and learned to fix watches using them as test examples. Many good watches can be had for cheap and fixed for cheap. It gives such a rewarding feeling. I hope you get that same feeling I did when you fix your first successfully. But, don’t fret when the first few don’t go correctly. Trial and error.

Looking forward to your progress!

Thanks for the kind words!