• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello from Vancouver Canada

Sheldinian

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/9/19
Hi, I've been glued to this forum for months reading all about the Frankens and Reps. You guys are awesome! I've decided that its about time I joined and said hi, after all you guys have unknowingly helped me out a ton already. So far with your help I purchased an Omega PO Orange Bezel OMF (Chronometer stopped working ;( ), Noob GMT Master ii BLRO Jubilee Bracelet A 3285 (yep the one with the bad movement), Submariner ARF Ceramic Bezel SH 3135, All from Chazingtime. Chazingtime has been a great TD for me as they were thorough and I knew what to expect. Funny enough they where much nicer than the Rolex Boutique downtown ;p

Now, since I am in the background of repairs and maintenance myself, I was thinking of getting into fixing my watches myself, as no one in Vancouver wants to work on reps. Though, I would probably prefer a first time service for my reps from a good watch smith, any good suggestions?

Anyway I will include pics of my own Collection so far, hope you enjoy and thanks again!
akKcb.jpg
akH4i.jpg
akLSF.jpg
ak2mp.png

akUt2.jpg

ak5et.jpg

Last edited:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Welcome to RWI. Looks like you've already done some research on how this hobby works. You've amassed quite an impressive collection so far, congratulations. Check out RWI's list of Watchmakers and Horologists and find a watchmaker for your service needs. For your future purchases, I recommend that you choose a trusted dealer that can service your new watch prior to shipping, it'll save you time and money.

Sheldinian

7/9/19
I had no idea that a TD does watch services prior to sending the watch. Is it in the QC? I will definitely look up watchmakers in the RWI list. Thanks for the info gilrob.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I had no idea that a TD does watch services prior to sending the watch. Is it in the QC? I will definitely look up watchmakers in the RWI list. Thanks for the info gilrob.

Not all TDs offer watch servicing. PureTime offers it, go on their website and click on accessories and then watch services.

bc723

16/7/19
Canada
Hello fellow Vancouverite! Let me know if you find a local watch smith who will service/repair reps. Got a few sitting in my drawer unfortunately

Sheldinian

7/9/19
Hey bc723. I did find someone that was on the fence. I will try again to see if he will, but most likely might send it out to one of the trusted watchmakers here on RWI. Ill keep you updated.

Sheldinian

7/9/19
Thanks beau7816. I got lots of questions, especially about the fragile Noob BLRO, I will read up for sure!

5868a

Looking Around
30/8/22
Just got in to the rep game recently. Also from Vancouver. Was wondering if you found someone to service your watch yet?

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Welcome to the rep fam. I’m based in Vancouver. I also couldn’t find anyone to service my reps. So I bought some tools, enrolled in Marc Lovick’s course and started pulling movements apart. So far I’ve done vr3235, vs3235, 4130, and 3120 (AP 15400) movements. I’ve documented a few of the services here.

I’ve serviced a few movements for other Vancouver rep fam… so if you need a movement serviced I’d be happy to take a look. I’m a hobbyist not a pro, but I’m comfortable services most of the common rep movements.

Reactions: 5868a and P..DR..D

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16