• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hi from Europe

gia311271

Horology Curious
3/11/19
Hello,

This is, as it should be, my first post here, but I have been an avid reader of the forum for some months.

After having played around with more or less cheap "homage" watches and replicas found on the usual sites (dhgate, aliexpress), I am ready to jump into the world of real replicas and trusted dealers.

There are two watches in my radar now:

-) The Breitling Navitimer - possibly in the GMT version: it seems quite difficult to find a good replica of this watch. From my research the main difficulties seem to be the sunken date and the outer dial. And the seplling errors on the back in case of the GMT. Of course I am looking for a functional chronograph. I have found some GMT versions that look good on trusted sites (no factory mentioned).

-) The Cartier Ballon Bleu: this is for my wife (she knows it will be a replica and does not care :). It seems relatively easy to find good replicas of this watch also with a clone of the original movement. I was going for a gold wrapped version, but that does not seem to exist.

I will ask in the appropriate forums, but if you can give some advice it will be very appreciated!

Cheers,
GA

gia311271

Horology Curious
3/11/19
Thank you.

I already knew that thread. Not much information on breit navitimer tough. The ones from JF, as I understand, suffer from the sunken date and spelling mistakes in case of GMT edition.

Do you think I can ask TD to give advice on what version is best ? puretime and intime seem to have several version.

Merry Christmas to everyone on this board!

Cheers,
GA

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
It would not hurt to ask, alternatively have you used the search function above to find answers.

Voo-doo

22/7/19
Welcome!

Those are nice pieces! I'm kinda jealous, I wanted to buy the Cartier four my gf as well, but she didn't let me buy a rep :( still curious how it looks. Would like your thoughts on it once you get it in. There is a lot less information on lady reps !

Have fun here ;)

gia311271

Horology Curious
3/11/19
Hello,

Well for the time being I am definitely going with the Ballon Bleu. My wife does not care much if it's a rep or gen. Besides AFAIK those from AF are considered supereps, i.e. virtually indistinguishable from the gen. The problem would be for the Rose Gold wrapped version, I am not sure AF exists. Purtime lists a V9F factory on which I could not find any information. I'll post pictures when/if I get it :)

For the navitimer GMT is however a bit of a headache. Several version are liste on TD sites, but I am not sure of the quality. And I want a functional chronograph. Looking in the breit subforum was not much of a help. If someone can give advice...

Thank you for your help, and great forum!

Cheers,
GA

Jproject

Horology Curious
24/11/19
Welcome, and take care, this is a very enjoyable world!

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 5 mediante Tapatalk

gia311271

Horology Curious
3/11/19
So I went forward and purchased my first rep from intime (Ryan) :)

I got the ballon bleu pink dial/SS bracelet, cal. 076 from AF. It is an expensive rep by all standards, but is listed as a super-rep and I wanted to see if quality is really up to the reputation.

I am waiting for the QC pics, once I have the watch I will try to post some images in the appropriate forum.

Then I will se for the Breit. It's going to be an expensive hobby, I fear :)

Cheers,
GA

gia311271

Horology Curious
3/11/19
Well, as a first purchase, I definitely have bad luck :(

The watch crown broke from the stem and now the time cannot be adjusted. That is, it is useless :mad:

That really should not have happen. Moreover, with the situation in China, this is really not a good time...
I have sent a mail to intime, and waiting for an answer.

Any suggestions ? Try a local watch store (but I am a bit scary of going to one with a Cartier rep) or send back to China ?

Thanks for the help.
(BTW, sorry if this is not the correct section of the forum. Where should I post this ?)