• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New member difficulties? :-)

dantm2000

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/12/19
I joined here a few days ago (less than a week) and am definitely excited to learn more and try to acquire my first RWI watch. But man, is it tough -- is it just me as a new member or is it more difficult to get one of these watches in the For Sale section than buying a gen watch in some other outside sites?

I've PM-ed and responded to a few threads but getting no love back.

Should I wait to build up my post count to show I am a genuine member? Any other tips?

alfonzo

25/7/19
Meaningfully contribute and show an aptitude for self learning and you will be embraced.

Reactions: dantm2000

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Yes, you will need to prove that you are a good standing member. Contribute or share your experience or knowledge to the forum. Or be a supporter or vip member.

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
its the same for all new members.
people are reluctant to sell to you until you have shown you are reliable and have contributed in some way.
you will get there.....

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Or, like everybody else, start some controversial topics. Get flamed, but not burned. You will come out for the better.

Reactions: dantm2000

bobandshawn

Patron
29/10/13
Florida
Unfortunately, there are no requirements for joining this forum. That said, we have had a rash of scumbags that have stolen from members and disappeared. I myself will not deal with people I don't know unless they were recommended by a friend. The scammers screwed it up for all the noobs...

dantm2000

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/12/19
Unfortunately, there are no requirements for joining this forum. That said, we have had a rash of scumbags that have stolen from members and disappeared. I myself will not deal with people I don't know unless they were recommended by a friend. The scammers screwed it up for all the noobs...

How can you steal from people if you pay for a product, it shows delivered, etc. I know Paypal, etc. protect against that.

But I understand the reluctance especially since this hobby/interest is a little outside of the mainstream so-to-speak.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
How can you steal from people if you pay for a product, it shows delivered, etc. I know Paypal, etc. protect against that.

But I understand the reluctance especially since this hobby/interest is a little outside of the mainstream so-to-speak.

The ways of scamming via Paypal are out there and trust me, those scammers know exactly how to take advantage of non suspecting new comers that think they are protected by Paypal, we seen our fair share of them

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS

Your best friend Paypal or credit card company will assist you to steal expensive fake watches from members and TDs. You can tell a bullsh*t story to your "best friend" about your transaction, and they will happily cancel the transaction. You get the good and your payment is refunded.

bobandshawn

Patron
29/10/13
Florida
I can only see this continuing to get worse. You're going to need to develop some relationships. Start with a TD.

Banned101

Dog Breeder
10/12/19
Save ur time mate, it's usless here, 350usd for a watch when DHgate.com has the same watch for 70usd

Trusted dealers rip people off here everyday, and no admin or moderators will help.

You will not be able to pay with PayPal or credit card here because they only accept Western Union bank transfer and then there is nothing u can do once they have ur money.

DHgate.com