• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Introducing myself and a question to reflecting glas!

Hobald

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/11/19
Hi, i`m thomas, i`m from austria and new to this forum. Two weeks ago i bought a replica via alibaba ( i know ;-....). I didn`t know that the replica world is that big as it is. Due to custom problems (the seller send it via DHL to europe) and searching to solve this problem i came to this forum. Now i`m reading every day and learning day by day, it`s very interesting and i`m now sticked to a new hobby i think. In the meantime i ordered two other watches at a TD and waiting for them.

Now to my question: the first ordered watch is a omega seamaster professional 300 from MKF and i`m satisfied so far i can be satisfied for my knowledge. The seller said it is the latest version, so it should be then V4 but i don`t believe that, i think it`s Version 3, can you confirm this?
Now i discovered that the pointers and the omega sign make reflections or shadows when there is artifical light shining on the watch. What is it? Is it because the watch is not AR coated?
I made a picture of it, i hope it can be seen:

Hobald

13/11/19
Thank you! I already know this thread, but can anyone help me with these shadows on the glas? Thanks in advance!

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I would guess that the crystal is quite dirty, inside and outside. But I literally know nothing.

Hobald

13/11/19
No the crystal isn`t dirty, at normal light, daylight it shines bright. There are shadows from the pointers and from the omega sign (you can see them on the foto) and there are also circles (are not shown on the foto, depends on the angle from the light).

Jasonp

30/10/19
Your watch and it’s dial will throw out many different colours and shade depending on light,,,
Trust your TD and have a good look when the watch arrives and I imagine you will be very happy,,,
All the best

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I see what you're talking about, its also on the hands. Maybe an anti-reflection (AR) mod would help. Test it first by using a piece of glare free clear tape. Welcome to RWI.