• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A Common Man

Eugene Papers

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/10/19
Hello everybody.

I will start with, I had the unfortunate experience of purchasing an HD3 SLYDE some time back. Before long the watched stopped working, likewise the customer service and the necessary website. Soon followed excuses from the company, the Slyde Watch sector of HD3 has liquidated (how convenient) and no direction as to whom might have the software needed to fix an inevitable problem with every Slyde watch.

The rest of the HD3 company is still fully operational. The same team as when they were making the Slyde watches, nothing has changed there. But no one is responsible for everyone's losses. If I had a lawyer look into it i am sure they have been smart enough to cover their tracks. No doubt one if the many Slyde watch owners has looked into it as it wasn't a small investment at $7k a watch. Some cost upwards of $16k.

If you are not familiar with the HD3 Slyde watch you haven't missed out on anything however it is a "Swiss made", digital, touch screen watch by Jörg Hysek. It released before smart watches and shares the same feature of being able to swap out the face of the watch digitally. You just click and buy the ones you want. The to be endless choices were digital versions, I guess describes them, of Swiss movements. So there were wheels, cogs and tourbillons etc the possibilities are endless, that gave it mechanical appearance, just digitally.

So my guess is that their concept was bought out by Samsung or Apple. I would love to get to the bottom of it one day and I hope the Hysek company suffers in the long run, but there are plenty of more facinating watches out there.

I have tried many ways to resolve my problem which really is pointless without their website operating that is needed to change the face of the watch.

Now I have lost trust in the the ligitimate side of things and I am very interested in the idea that there are replicas of watches that wow'd me and if they function well enough to keep the time like the legit versions then I am hoping I can acquire the ones that I particularly like.

So can you help me?

Is it too far fetched to hope that replicas of Harry Winston Opus 11, Urwerks, Hublot LaFerrari MP-05 & Concord C1 Quantum Gravity Power Reserve, are well worth buying or should one stick to simpler watches?

Sorry that was so long winded and *without any pictures*. How rude!!

Thanks for your time.

E. Papers

Eugene Papers

10/10/19
Do you people do pass around so with items of interest?

Has anyone had or know of anyone's who has hands on experience with the RM 53-01? How delicate is it?

Eugene Papers

10/10/19
I found the genuine watches didn't even function in the way that you would want either. So there is no current solution except for become a watch maker yourself or get sponsored.

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
You want more features than a gen automatic watch can provide? Want a much better version of the SLYDE?

It's called an Apple Watch. You're welcome, enjoy!

Eugene Papers

10/10/19
Yes I a man familiar with smart watches. I am pretty up to date. I actually am suspicious of HD3 selling out to Apple or the likes of.

Eugene Papers

10/10/19
From memory the Samsung is better. But they look cheap in comparison to the Slyde.