• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hi!!!! OMG What a new world of info!!!

nickhell

Horology Curious
20/9/19
Hi, well... I´ll try to make it short. I´m not a collector or anything. I own just a few mostly cheap watches : orient mako !!, suunto core, casio gwd5610, gear s3 frontier, sturmanskie gagarin (I´m pretty sure I was scammed )
... And I was looking for a more dressy watch for ... well, dressy occasions.

I saw a citizen in Tradera (a mostly swedish auction site) and in the name of it I saw a magical word: "speedmaster moonwatch" homage. So I googled it... Bad man!!!! I falled in love!!!! Then I noticed the price tag and... And I would not pay that money, even if I had it, for a watch. But googling I found out that there´s an incredible underground culture in replicas. And some are f******* expensive. Even more than my gens!!!

So I have been lurking a bit here in the forums, in reddit and in another forum reading about all this world, vocabulary, movements, what not to do if using PP, etc

Now I´m thinking to make contact with a TD for a omega speedy moonie in quartz miyota or VK63 movement as I tried to find on the TD section but no one has in their sites / fotologs the exact thing I want. I have read that narikaa in EU (preferable to me) or WBK in US may get what I want.

I think I have read all the rules and all but please be easy on me!!!! :D

So this is it.

Thanks and SY in the forums!!

Last edited:

P@t

Patron
9/6/19
Netherlands
Hey Nick, it seems you are in the right place. Welcome to RWI!

You can always send one or multiple TD's an email with a link or photo of the watch you are looking for, to see if it's available.
But if it's out there, you probably can find something about it here on RWI also.

I don't know if you saw it already but check out this post for a selection of interesting threads to get you on your way!
New Members - WELCOME! Must reads and interesting info, START HERE!

Anyway, welcome to the homepage of your new hobby and enjoy! :D

nickhell

Horology Curious
20/9/19
Hey Nick, it seems you are in the right place. Welcome to RWI!

You can always send one or multiple TD's an email with a link or photo of the watch you are looking for, to see if it's available.
But if it's out there, you probably can find something about it here on RWI also.

I don't know if you saw it already but check out this post for a selection of interesting threads to get you on your way!
New Members - WELCOME! Must reads and interesting info, START HERE!

Anyway, welcome to the homepage of your new hobby and enjoy! :D

Yes I saw the bible LOL.

Reactions: P@t