• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hi, joined in 2016, never posted before.

polyvinyl12

Horology Curious
25/2/16
Bought a 1951 OP 6085 Bubbleback 35 years ago. Still have it. That was the extent until 2016 when I began collecting. Started with Breitlings as I thought they were great looking well regarded watches. Also affordable used on Ebay ! Current collection includes a couple Windrider Specials. A couple Colt Chrono II's, M2000, M1000 yellow (love this one!), Couple m1000's,
a Tudor Blackshield -Bronze hands(keeper). Current grail is an SO Chrono II w/ yellow outlined subdials. Daily wear is an M1000.
Love the M1000's as i work around water all day & use the chrono multiple times daily. Because the chrono function can be used while in water it is ideal for daily wear.

I'm not real comfortable with the idea of wearing replica's, I love the SD43 , don't have the discretionary funds to justify a gen. I placed an order with one of the TD's & I'm waiting for QC pix.
Also ordered a rep Rubber B for it. All the Breitlings I wear in rotation have Breitling rubber as I think the shiny Bracelets are not my taste.
So here is my first foray into the world of rep.. If I catch this bug at least I won't have to do too much explaining to the wife !!

I'm on the RolexForum's regularly, & I must say this site is superior in ease of surfing thru.

Thats my intro for now. Look forward to participating !

Reactions: Hor-Fan

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Nice intro, welcome! You're missing the much needed shots of your watches mind you.... ChicksWithDicks.org ClickPix.org works well on here for positing photos. You can even just click on the icon above the text box (a picture with a blue cross on it) to add photos....

I hope the Rep is a good one and you become hopelessly addicted like the rest of us. What have you gone for, the ARF version?

Last edited:

polyvinyl12

Horology Curious
25/2/16
Yes, The ARF version. From what research both here & Rolexforum the bracelet seemed to be one of the obvious tells. That & mostly the comments here how close the watch itself was to a gen. I've been watching the for sale ads in the Rolexforums for months alternating between the DSSD & the SD43, but as all my Breitlings are 44mm. The Tudor is 42mm & just blends into my wrist nicely I favored the SD43. My M2000 is 46mm, beautiful watch, but boy is it big ! I have a 7 1/3 inch wrist. I paid $500 for a new Titanium Deployant clasp for my M1000 yellow ( which will be with me a looooong time. Love that watch ! But only wear it if I'm sure I'm not going to do anything that might scratch that Deploy !!! Now i can get a complete watch for what I paid for a clasp !!
Really looking forward to the SD43, & scouring thru this site. I'm also on the BreitlingSource, but action is very slow there.
Had I thought better I should have gone to the For Sale site here. I see there are practically new ones up, & I could have had one by now instead of contsantly checking emails for eta from the TD !!

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Yeah, but whilst you can get some decent deals on M2M, you can get some utter arses who offload junk with issues so the TD route isn't the stupidest for a new guy, certainly until you get to know who you can trust etc. As you've obviously done your research, I suspect you know a lot more than me about the latest versions (I bought the v1 which I love and their haven't actively looked at reviews since), but I think there has been the odd issue with the date font from ARF so try and grab a good one in QC. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at what you can buy for the price of a clasp!