• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fell in the rabbit hole from Cincinnati glad to be here, have some 1675 questions

ccstout7786

Horology Curious
18/2/19
Thanks for the warm welcome, I have been a long time lurker, and have learned so much.

I am currently looking for a 1675 rootbeer...aged to perfection.

I want to eventually do a 6542 build, I own a Kilo sub I love I bought from ReptimeBST.

What is the best way to go about this I am looking for every idea possible. The 1675 rootbeer isnt my grail watch, but I am in love with it nonetheless. I just love the patina of thay particular watch and am looking to find a mod that could age it to perfection if thats a possibility.

thus far, I know that Andrew has a 1675 RB, but its not a 1:1. I thought, I could buy that and attempt to age it myself. With help learning from the forum.

My next option after buying a gen insert, was to order a 1:1 1675 from andrew and swap out the dial and insert. I would buy and age a yuki nipple dial if it would fit? Idk if it would according to his website it fits 1575 movement and Andrews 1:1 is 2826-2.

This then putting me in the next position of buy a gen dial which I can not afford. So I am curious what options do I have? Has anyone attempted a rootbeer? Have an aged one for sale ( Im not that lucky )

I am not experienced in building a watch, hell I couldnt age one. So I would be willing to pay a modder as well to help me make this work!

Any and all help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance
Charlie