• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cheap replicas?

John1912

Horology Curious
26/7/19
Hi everyone,

I am pretty new here and have gotten two reps so far.

One from TD1 and another from TD2. There is a reason why I am not mentioning the TDs.

I recently come across a non-TD and saw that they offer cheaper replicas with Chinese Mingzhu movements.

I had a colleague that went to china and came back with one Rolex Sub around that price range and it looks pretty decent too.

I am asking, as I had one of the TDs telling me that the movement on the rep he sold me was not the most stable and reliable and recommends that I change them AFTER I had receive them.
I was a bit disappointed. I did not pay $300 plus USD to get an unreliable movement watch.

Reading on the chinese mingzhu, I know they are not the best, but they sound like reliable work horses.

I was wondering if there are TDs that offer such cheaper reps?

Reactions: opus42

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
Why not ask them or better still ask some guy selling watches at most holiday locations as they sell rubbish.

DeCrow

Known Member
6/9/16
I understand your disappointment ! Imho any 200usd+ watch should work just fine and be reliable. And at least come without screws loose in the case etc...

But I think the cheap stuff is not a solution as those watches are, well, made even worse.

It is possible to upgrade to a better movement, but that costs mo’money.

And at least you should have a new rep serviced (yes, mo’money again) so you get a better shot at longevity.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk