• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello from Texas

Chronofrigger

Just one more watch, for sure this time.
9/6/19
United States
I recently learned about awesome Rep communities. Got steered here from Reddit. And got steered to r/RepTime after watching that Rolex 904L comparison video which probably everyone has seen by now. So I am in the market for Rolex Daytona/Panda noob v2.2. But what else I can buy in $700 range? Also looking to figure out how to make the actual purchase safely. Any tips are welcome.

Thanks for this amazing resource!

Jpt1991

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/19
Welcome! Im fairly new as well, but ive spent the better part of the weekend doing a boat load of reading here. Suggestion on making purchases would be to find a good TD in the TD section. Also that noob is a beautiful watch ootb ;)

Reactions: Chronofrigger

Chronofrigger

9/6/19
United States
Welcome! Im fairly new as well, but ive spent the better part of the weekend doing a boat load of reading here. Suggestion on making purchases would be to find a good TD in the TD section. Also that noob is a beautiful watch ootb ;)

lol, it seems like I too have been reading way too much. Need to step back and digest it some. Thanks for the advice on TD section search. Which watch brought you here?

6Speed

Looking Around
13/5/19
Hi there. New guy here also although drawn to this great forum doing research on reps. Long time gen owner with several models and recently obtained a gen two tone Daytona then contemplated a SS 116500 but not wanting to get whacked for that handful these are incredible IMHO. Very interesting to see the enthusiasm, variety and detail. Some guys are hugely particular about certain things others not so much but obviously that's the human variable and in the end it only needs to be what makes you happy. I'm waiting on my order but I feel I'll be happy as is with a decent piece. I guess we shall see. Good luck with your journey

Jpt1991

6/6/19
lol, it seems like I too have been reading way too much. Need to step back and digest it some. Thanks for the advice on TD section search. Which watch brought you here?
Likewise on the digest part lol. I think in general I am very interested in the creation if super reps. But the watch that really motivates me is a Rolex Pepsi. I think the ootb options are decent, but Im anxious to assemble a franken.

Chronofrigger

9/6/19
United States
... the watch that really motivates me is a Rolex Pepsi. I think the ootb options are decent, but Im anxious to assemble a franken.
Wow, that's a really pretty watch. I never really looked at these class of watches closely before because I dont see myself spending that kind of money on a watch. Quality Replica watches just opened up a whole new world for me. Good luck with the modding!

Martycus

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
Hello and welcome from California.Which part of Texas you from? I visit Dallas a couple times a year

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
If you all want to start a Dallas RWI meetup, we need a new thread for that lol

If there’s tits & ass, beer & bbq I’m all in brother!! There’s a few guys there from Midland too.

Gordo0220

16/2/19
Hello from San Antonio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

poinds

17/4/17
Whatttt?!?!?! Didn’t realize there were so many DFW folk here. I’m rocking out in Dallas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chronofrigger

9/6/19
United States

Are there any local (DFW area) rep friendly watch smiths you all know of?

I browsed the watchsmith section and sent out some emails but either no response or they did not work on the specific movement of the Rep. At the time I was considering the Daytona/Panda 116500. But my first rep ended up the VSF v2 Seamster 300m (W2C link) from Trusty Time. Now in case I need service, I am hoping someone local can work on it.

Any advice?

Thanks.