• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello from NYC

CharmCitySummer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/6/19
Hey everyone, new here. I live in NYC I bought a Noob Daytona on Canal St. in NYC recently, black face. It is beautiful. Bought a white face too, should have read up first. It seems to be a good one but not exactly what I want. Glad I found this site and can learn more. Thanks for having me.

Reactions: Jpt1991

Jpt1991

6/6/19
Welcome charmcity! Were the daytonas v2? When you say not exactly what youre looking for do you mean you want to franken them with gen parts?

CharmCitySummer

8/6/19

this is the white one. I wish I hadn’t bought this one. Maybe I can sell it eventually or something.

Misterhl

Horology Curious
5/4/19

this is the white one. I wish I hadn’t bought this one. Maybe I can sell it eventually or something.

Welcome! Also noob from NYC- Maybe try looking through the TD’s list, input “model name” in search engine or M2M to see if there are movements/callouts that mirrors your Daytona.From there you can price accordingly, if you’re looking to sell. What is the movement/how much did you pay if you don’t mind my asking? Funny story, after a few weeks of joining RWI and researching, made a trip canal, inquiring from many different vendors and asked for the best/top tier Rolex subs and Cartier styles. I stalled after dozens of “trust me, this is top quality in the nyc market” responses and jarring quotes of $400 plus later, none of which is even comparable to the options TD’s and M2M has to offer-so curious to know how you were able to manage. Enjoy and explore! You’ll be in awe once you learn about all the ootb and franken pieces from seasoned members and mind boggling topic discussion (info overload but in the best way possible) :)

Sent from the RWI App

CharmCitySummer

8/6/19
Thanks. So I found 2 guys in NYC that are pretty well versed in these replicas. I paid $500 for the black Daytona which looks way better than the white. The black has a quality that is suburb to me. 4130 movement 904 etc. The white I did find on a site for $422 it has 4130 movement 904 Steel. I paid $480 for it on Canal St. But again, this is before I found this site. Had I known I could have asked for a different model. If you’re local NYC and want me to introduce you, I am happy to.

Martycus

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
Hello and welcome from California. Best way to start is by reading the forum, reviews and looking for insights from others. Know that all TD (Trusted Dealers) have the same watch from the makers (e.g. Noob, Arf, JF, etc) so it'll come down to customer service, pricing and perhaps logistics such as shipment or payment options. The canal street reps are well known and can be spotted across a room but read up here and your next purchase will be the start of your addiction