• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hi everyone

V-Fi

Horology Curious
23/4/19
I'm new to reps, have owned my fair share of gens but always find myself uncomfortable wearing them around due to worrying about damage. Have owned some Omega, Rado, and Oris, plus more basic but still nice models from Certina and Hamilton. Sold all of them and currently have nothing nice.

My daily driver is a Tissot T-Race Touch which at around MSRP $575US (but easy to find for less) is cheap enough and tough enough to wear with confidence. That, or the trusty Samsung Gear S3 Classic which looks nice and I don't worry about trashing it, the battery makes it expendable anyway.

Looking to learn more and casually peruse the classified forum here for interesting pieces. Seems much easier to buy from a seller in the USA via PayPal FF rather than go through the hassle of wiring money or bitcoin to a TD.

I look forward to interacting on the forums though I'll mostly be reading existing threads rather than posting.

applestooranges

Known Member
18/7/18
Welcome! Do read up, the forums are a great resource. If you run into any wonky links when browsing old threads, they are a result of a forum crash and the original thread can usually be found by googling the title. The M2M is a pretty sure bet if you don't want to deal with TDs yet.

MrLux

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/3/19
What are you thinking of getting - a rep of what you already have, or different models?
I am still gathering oinfo to make some decisions on what next.

GMT1675

20/3/19
USA
Do yourself a favor - so you won't get flamed by the long time members. Don't ask which is the best replica of any watch model. There really are threads with that kind of information all over the forums. My advice is to start with the NWBIGs list (search NWBIG) and go from there. I'll gladly share my research if you're looking for a Rolex rep. Best wishes and enjoy RWI!

V-Fi

Horology Curious
23/4/19
Do yourself a favor - so you won't get flamed by the long time members. Don't ask which is the best replica of any watch model. There really are threads with that kind of information all over the forums. My advice is to start with the NWBIGs list (search NWBIG) and go from there. I'll gladly share my research if you're looking for a Rolex rep. Best wishes and enjoy RWI!

Thanks for the good advice. Definitely not looking for the most "correct" rep, just something nice looking and reliable/functional.

V-Fi

Horology Curious
23/4/19
What are you thinking of getting - a rep of what you already have, or different models?
I am still gathering oinfo to make some decisions on what next.

I sold all my nice watches, so no duplicates there. But I am thinking of going in generally the same direction as I used to do with my gens: a daily driver in a more reasonable model, like a basic Tag (even quartz is fine), then an Omega for getting fancy. Not sure which specific models yet. I'm actually not a huge fan of Rolex (Tudor appeals to me more for some reason), nor AP or Hublot etc. Basically I wouldn't wear a rep of anything I couldn't or wouldn't afford in real life so I can't see myself wearing anything that would be $10k plus (USD) for the gen.

MrLux

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/3/19
I think Tudors have really come into their own recently, and become more desirable, rather than seen as a poor mans Rolex. Black bays in particular. Also Oris are being talked about a lot recently. But I agree on the Tudor idea, and your post has inspired me to go and see what's available.
I have also been getting into the idea of Vintage, so maybe tick both boxes with a vintage Tudor?