• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Somewhat new member here with some complaints (please don't skim)

Xceedspeed

Horology Curious
4/4/19
Hey all,

So I joined the forum very recently and of course like the newb I am, the first thing I did was hit the shoutbox and ask "what's the best Trusted Dealer and best rep rolex?"

I was of course told to do my research and pick a dealer, then pick a watch and go from there. This seems to be the general response and even during my short time here, this question seems to arise in the shoutbox quite often.

Now I know for a fact that a large majority of you replying with "do your research and pick a dealer" already have a great source or a Trusted Dealer. Refusal to share this information does not actually help you or anybody else. The reason i'm posting this is i'm currently working with what TD I considered to be the most researched (by myself) and i'm currently jumping through hoops to buy my first rep. How hard is it to recommend somebody a TD that you know is good to deal with? Not very hard at all, or even list off 3 preferred ones and tell somebody to research between the 3. Help each other people, this isn't something we should be completely selfish with...

I have not even paid for this watch yet and I've lost money. Long story short, the TD has decent communication but very poor comprehension. When my CC payment got declined and he refused to take PayPal, I finally agreed to buy some Litecoin and pay that way (unfamiliar territory for me). He sent me the payment address and I immediately went on to a good site I found and bought $xxx amount of Litecoin. I immediate lost about $35 in payment fees. I tried to pay the TD with LTC at this point and the payment did not work with the address provided. This TD provided me a BTC address after specifically telling him I'd use LTC. So here's where it gets REALLY fun. The next day he sends me the correct LTC address, cool right? Wrong. I now don't have enough money to pay him. Why don't I have enough money? Because LTC value dropped... At this point i'm annoyed as hell. I refuse to buy more LTC strictly out of principal. I've already LOST money and I haven't even done business with this TD. Even if I never go through with it and LTC doesn't go back up slightly, i'll be negative in my life because of this TD.

Now I understand a majority of you will tell me this is all part of the process, if you want a good rep this is what you do, blah blah. Nobody wants to hear that BS because it's just not true. Giving somebody proper instruction is not difficult. A language barrier is understandable but ignorance is unacceptable in any language.

I will be posting a much more thorough review for this TD if I ever manage to get my watch paid for and delivered. There is a lot more to this entire ordeal, a few more examples of how the TD did not comply with his own promises.

Thanks for listening and I appreciate anybody that did not skim this, as every sentence has relevant information.

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
Xceedspeed Right lets level the playing field - my personal TD's are Puretime and InTime as well as CSwatches in this forum, so there is 3 good pointers for you. You could also use BK another trusted dealer but his watches are more expensive due to the additional alterations he does to the watches prior to shipping (still very good choice). As far as which is the best watch you could get you have to take the best from a Noob v7 and from an ARF and maybe the odd bit from BP etc to come up with somewhere near the best but this is very expensive to split down 3 watches. What you have to appreciate is one man's favourite may not appeal to another so it's down to personal choice.

My current Submariner is a franken v9 base with gen dial, gen hands, gen crystal + cyclops, gen crown, gen bezel/insert/pearl and gen datewheel. This is as far as I would go with a watch with the addition of servicing it. But again this may not float your boat because you may want a Hulk Sub or some other style/brand.

Look at the latest watch releases and on the Trusted Dealer sites they will have information about each watch and possibly what has been improved upon.

Reactions: Max Carnage

applestooranges

Known Member
18/7/18
I'm just going to respond to the first part of your statement, since the rest of it is pretty reasonable. The reason members generally tell people to FO when asked some variation of the above question is as follows. The more jaded members around here tend to dislike these kinds of questions because the answers are neither simple nor well-defined.

They don't express that very well but in essence, the question of what the best rep is and who the best dealer is, is extremely difficult to answer. This is a forum, we exist to discuss these things, and there would be nothing to discuss if everything is so cut and dry. If you've stuck around for any amount of time, you would've found the hundreds of pages debating the merits of each iteration of each rep. There is no agreement on what the best rep is, especially since it wasn't specified what model you are looking for.

Same with the TDs, all the TDs of the forum are more or less trusted/have a relationship with the forum. There are tons of feedback available in the appropriate thread. A better question that would yield actual replies would be to ask which TDs the members use, rather than who the best TD is.

If either of the questions you asked were single-liner answers, you bet there would be more members answering them in the shoutbox. We ask you to do your own research snarkily because some of us are assholes, but most of us do it because its a huge can of worms. For a gen analogy, imagine if someone went on the rolex forum and asked, "so what is the best rolex model and who is the best AD in China?".

If you had read up just a little bit, you would've found the beau7816 welcome message, which he posts in every newbie thread, and that would eliminate some of your questions.

P.S.TDs rarely allow new customers to pay with paypal because there is a high risk of chargeback/dispute and the TDs get shafted most of the time. And the LTC thing is certainly something you could complain about, either to your TD or this forum. These dealers are trusted because communication channels are kept open for issues like these. This one obviously made a mistake, so raise some questions and see what they're willing to do.

Reactions: Max Carnage

Xceedspeed

Horology Curious
4/4/19
I appreciate the feedback and honesty from you both. I'm not here to stir the pot but depending on what the TD decides to do, I will be writing up a review on my experience. By that time I will have cooled off and maybe LTC will go back up slightly and I won't have any issues but the communication was definitely clear cut and not followed by the TD. Even via email where he can reference his and my prior replies with the scroll of his mouse.

I do understand the whole, "best" TD and "best" rep analogy as well. I don't think there is a clear answer, and FWIW I am using one of the TD's mentioned by beau so at least I can take some solace in that. Even if I was recommended 3, I could have still chose this TD as one of those 3 and been in the same boat I am now.

Hopefully updates to come soon. I am trying to buy a $500+ USD noob v9 rep, so it's not a short stack of cash.

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
Hey, I don't know who you're dealing with but I'll tell you the TD's I've used so far and are excellent. I like to pay cash, no credit card, litecoin, Bitcoin, shitcoin, etc. My first rep was purchased with Puretime. Excellent communication and at the time they accepted WU, now they don't. After that, my next 2 watches were purchased with an amazing TD, Sead. He accepts WU (at least to me). He has good QC, answers quickly, amazing and safe shipping method (watch arrives to USA in 10 days exactly) and his service is more personalized. Hope this helps for your future purchases.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
I feel your pain, I'm currently having issues paying for an order using xendpay which was recommended by the TD that I'm attempting to purchase from, infact I started a thread about it yesterday. At the moment I'm trying to get a refund of the money I've paid into xendpay $751, I don't expect any problems (famous last words) but it will cost me fees, so like you I'll be out of pocket before any payment is made for the watches.

i know it always gets the " it's an underground, illegal business" blah,blah blah response, but after trading for years you would have thought that the TDs would have figured out a fail safe way of receiving payments by now

Baleno3

Known Member
10/2/19
I had similar issues with payment fees both ends. I wasn't aware of via bank transfer (the dealer didn't make this clear). Searching each dealers site and looking at their t and c's was how I discovered the best option. Coupled with their reviews on here. I also found some great threads on that particular watch I wanted.

I agree a minority can be abit derogatory during the newbie phase. Just don't take anything personally as this is a great community.

Xceedspeed

Horology Curious
4/4/19
This is the first time I've been told by any seller they don't trust PayPal. I've been a PayPal user for over 10 years now and never had an issue. I understand the "legality" of the item in question is hairy though.

Also, still waiting for value of LTC to come back up to around $83 USD.... Currently i'm about $40 poorer since being ef'd in the A by my "TD"

bobandshawn

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
29/10/13
Florida
$500+ USD noob v9 rep, so it's not a short stack of cash.

To whom? if $500 is an amount that would greatly impact you if lost - then find another hobby. This is a foreign, black market endeavor. You cannot call the cops and say your drug dealer is providing low quality stuff. This is NOT AMAZON. if you lose 500 bucks no one really cares in the grand scheme of life. If a TD loses 500 on each of a thousand tranactions by being charged back by PP - THAT IS A BIG DEAL...

Ozzy883

Horology Curious
10/9/17
Because all dealers dont carry all factories. One dealers sub might be spot on, while his milgauss is iffy...while another dealers milgauss might be a dead ringer...but his sub is eh..

Theres a thread somewhere here of most accurate reps, but it only gives the factory. Its then on you to find what dealer carries that model from that factory. Thats the best part, looking at models on different sites.

And not for nothin man, theres a whole sub section named "trusted dealers" these are, as you might have guessed, dealers that are trusted :bleh:

Xceedspeed

Horology Curious
4/4/19
Because all dealers dont carry all factories. One dealers sub might be spot on, while his milgauss is iffy...while another dealers milgauss might be a dead ringer...but his sub is eh..

Theres a thread somewhere here of most accurate reps, but it only gives the factory. Its then on you to find what dealer carries that model from that factory. Thats the best part, looking at models on different sites.

And not for nothin man, theres a whole sub section named "trusted dealers" these are, as you might have guessed, dealers that are trusted :bleh:

I am using a trusted dealer, one that I found in that Trusted Dealers sub-forum.

Ozzy883

Horology Curious
10/9/17
Xceedspeed i dont know about all that bitcoin stuff either, but the majority of the time that My CC has been declined, it was my own bank declining it. All you have to do, if thats the case, is call tge bank and ask if they recently declined a transactiom for $××.×× and then tell them that it was you, amd its okay.

alot of banks freak out when they see shady chinese addresses, because theyre on the hook if its fraud, so they auto-decline, and wait for you to call in and approve.

the communication issue is what it is. The best thing you can do is use full sentences, no slang, no abbrebiations, amd always clarify, theyre used to working like that back and forth. From experience, puretime and intime have Very good english, or they can find someome that does. Those are tge only 2 i can speak for, and theyll have 99% of anything you could possibly want.

hope i didnt come off too abrasive at first....its how i show i care :D

Xceedspeed

Horology Curious
4/4/19
Ozzy883 You're alright mate, I know how forums are. It's hard to tell a tone via written text so I take everything with a grain of salt. FWIW, I am using 1 of those 2 TD's you just mentioned. And I always write complete sentences as you're reading in all of my posts on this thread.

Also, you're probably right about the CC being declined. Had I thought of that before, I wouldn't be in this mess that I am in now, steadily losing money as LTC value drops haha.

Reactions: Ozzy883

Xceedspeed

Horology Curious
4/4/19
Fun update of the day, LTC is now drastically lower haha. I was waiting for it to go back up so I can submit payment to the TD but it seems that may be longer than expected!

Hatsune Miku

Looking Around
23/4/19
As someone who held litecoin all the way down from 160$ range I can only tell you this. Do not hold crypto with anything but 100% disposable funds you would not mind losing. It can go up just as fast as it drops (sometimes) but don't count on it happening when you need it to. Also sounds to me like maybe a higher quality DH gate rep maybe a good option for you. I started there and am moving up to the TD/higher end 1:1 route next but do not regret having started at DH gate so far. Just my .02

Xceedspeed

Horology Curious
4/4/19
As someone who held litecoin all the way down from 160$ range I can only tell you this. Do not hold crypto with anything but 100% disposable funds you would not mind losing. It can go up just as fast as it drops (sometimes) but don't count on it happening when you need it to. Also sounds to me like maybe a higher quality DH gate rep maybe a good option for you. I started there and am moving up to the TD/higher end 1:1 route next but do not regret having started at DH gate so far. Just my .02

I started with DHgate as well, I am ready now. I'm not too concerned anymore, I have a feeling LTC going back up is inevitable, just being patient now and once it does I will pay my TD the amount requested.