• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lucky Escape. Found this site as I was about to get scammed.

Steviemcg

Horology Curious
18/4/19
I have owned a couple of decent Omega replicas in past years which were brought from Asia by a friend.
But recently I stumbled across a website called replicareviews.org They explained, very convincingly, that the top replica is a Swiss made clone and they went on to name and shame numerous websites.
I was amazed at the quality, visited a genuine Rolex dealer yesterday to feel and try size of watches and settled on the fact that I wanted a Swiss Clone of the Rolex Submariner..

Solidswiss.cd was very like several similar sites they awarded 100% to. They made watches from 904L stainless steel which are in all aspects indistinguishable from genuine.
MY chosen Sub was $1350 USD. Like all their other sites which only deal in cloned watches, a discount was offered if payment was made by bank transfer rather than card. Solidswiss offered 20% discount but had a special on at present for an extra 10%.

I ordered my watch in the early hours of this morning and received bank details. I tried in vain to do the transfer but my International card wouldn't transfer to Pakistan. It was only after that I discovered many reports of buyers claiming the company had scammed them.

So, in short, replicareviews.org was a very convincing website, full of what I thought was genuine enthusiasts. They recommended Solidswiss as a top notch seller of genuine cloned watches. I am so glad I stumbled across you guys. I will read up on what's what and hopefully make an informed purchase in due course.

Reactions: Adrenix and Faven

Faven

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/2/19
Germany
That's why there is a list with TD (Trusted Dealer), some of them are even active on here. You also have the Sales-Area here where members of this forum sell their watches.

You will find a lot of useful information here, you just have to spend some time to get into the specific models and so on.

I'm glad that you didn't end up getting scammed and I hope that you enjoy the forum, welcome. ;)

Reactions: Steviemcg

Adrenix

5/12/18
I have to say the same nearly happened to me. If you check reviews of the scam sales sites they are quite convincing as well!

Sedonut

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
31/7/17
I would say you are safest with member to member sales.

I've had a couple of very active websites selling gens that were questionable. One of them shipped me a gen with a low quality rep band. They denied it was a rep, no question it was.

I'd question too spending $1350 on a rep, unless it had a lot of gen parts with proof. Lots of excellent reps to be had under $500 new.

Steviemcg

Horology Curious
18/4/19
Thanks folks, it is reassuring to see the knowledge and support of such a forum. My only problem now is that it will take me weeks if not months to try to absorb some of the information and turn it into knowledge!

First impressions are that even though I know what watch I fancy, there are so many other factors re the quality that I hadn't even been aware of.

I wasnt aware that watches were or could be modified.... then I read one person's post as to the upgrades/modifications he had made to imporve a Noob. It is mind-blowing, especially to know that there are members on here who have the skills to carry out the improvements.

Mucho reading ahead of me.