• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rep Newbie...Would love some pointers & opinion on first rep!

claysu

Horology Curious
17/4/19
hello, RWI!

i'm really excited to join this community and even more excited to pick up my first rep! i'm currently making my way through the various articles on the noob page here, but are there any 'must know' pointers from the veterans out there that you don't think these newbie guides stress enough?

also, i'm torn between 2 watches for my first rep: a rolex datejust 36mm or jaeger master ultra thin date. any opinions here? is a better quality rep easier to find for one or the other? anything at all?

thanks!

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
You have to remember reps are not perfect and the people who are complaining is just a small percentage of the total population of rep buyers. Satisfied customers rarely leave review while disappointed customers always leave angry review.
Just choose your TDs from the list in the forum or member sales and experience for yourself the joy (and/or pain) of owning reps.

Regarding the watch you like, since it is your first rep, I'd go for datejust. Easier to sell in case you don't like it.

Reactions: claysu

claysu

Horology Curious
17/4/19
You have to remember reps are not perfect and the people who are complaining is just a small percentage of the total population of rep buyers. Satisfied customers rarely leave review while disappointed customers always leave angry review.
Just choose your TDs from the list in the forum or member sales and experience for yourself the joy (and/or pain) of owning reps.

Regarding the watch you like, since it is your first rep, I'd go for datejust. Easier to sell in case you don't like it.

thanks for the info! i get that...with most online reviews, you only see negative posts because people who are pissed are feel the drive to make a post while those who are happy are off enjoying their purchase. i definitely understand that reps wont be perfect and i'm not expecting that...something close will do for me!

quick question about TDs (and i'm sure this is someplace i havent gotten to yet, but since you were kind enough to post in the first place, maybe you'll be willing to answer): i see a lot of sites listed in TDs lists...are these sites the TDs or are there actual specific individual people that are the TDs? thanks!

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
TDs are basically your shopping agents. These individuals know where to get the watches you want (be it from factories or stores) and won't run away with your money. Hence, trusted.
I've dealt with 6 different TDs, at the end of the day it's all about preference. They all can get the watch you want and their prices are similar.
Just choose the one with the payment method you're comfortable with, answer your inquiries politely, offer shipping method that you like, etc.

Reactions: claysu