• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any advice?

watchdaniel7

Looking Around
18/3/19
Hi everyone,
After reading multiple threads in this forum I decided to join and this has been nothing but helpful so thanks to everyone (I would’ve made some bad decisions otherwise). I’m now looking to buy my first rep and thinking of getting a rose gold day-date 40 from davidsen or puretime. I’ve emailed davidsen ([email protected]) and the asking price is $368. Just wanted to hear everyone’s opinion on this and if I should pull the trigger with davidsen or find a better dealer for this particular watch. So far davidsen has been nothing but professional and quick to respond which I very much appreciate. Thanks

Sent from the RWI App

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
be aware that the goldplating can't be compared to regular goldplating...

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Davidsen is an excellent dealer IMHO, one of the few old skool left.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
That would depend which Sub he's selling, dealers are dealers not makers.

Gtr94

Horology Curious
13/3/19
That would depend which Sub he's selling, dealers are dealers not makers.

20ad081d805d6c8aa94b1d2602e527fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
That's a fine rep

domsdaddy123

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
6/8/15
Is it legit I don’t want a piece of shit haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For new members there can be a lot of confusion over what they are getting in a $400 fake watch/ rep. Setting your expectations realistically is the most important thing. I will give you some advise so you can have an understanding of what you might receive in the mail from china. This way you can decide for yourself if the risk is worth it.

You are buying a TOY. This is a TOY WATCH. This is not a $400 small brand fine timepiece. This is not a $400 professional dive watch. This is a $400 TOY WATCH. When it arrives from china there is a chance it wont work. There is a chance something wont line up perfectly flush, or square, or even, or level, or flat, or tight, ect, ect...you will get QC photos but that is still not a 100% guarantee. You might get a super accurate movement that keeps great time or you might not. If you get something thats broken, you can reach back out to the TD and they will try to help. Our TD's are trusted for a reason and they want to keep us happy. But its important you undersrand the difference between " broken" , "QC" and "toy watch tolerances" If you get something broken, I would not recommend sending it back to China. I would advise you to get it fixed here, by one of our local modders/w.smiths. But if that happens, you can decide then. Just know it is a possibility and also what the difference between "broken" and loose bezel or offcenter print or misaligned marker or high DW, ect, ect, ect means....Of course you understand toy watches are not waterproof, so dont get it wet unless you have a modder test and proof it for you.

ALL This is all par for the course and you need to accept this if you buy a fake watch. If you dive a little deeper into the hobby you will see watches that have been modded or frankened with Gen/ better parts or higher quality movements. This is how to turn your TOY WATCH into more of a fine timepiece. But its still a TOY. If you are really looking for a fine watch for $400, they are out there but they are not fake Rolex's. Citizen, Timex, Seiko among dozens of other brands make fine time pieces for well under 1k.

lastly, please check out the new member section. Here is an excerpt from that section. Good luck!

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...s-guide-on-how-to-find-the-best-replica-watch