• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Member from the Land down Under

6idO’Clock

Looking Around
18/2/19
Hi RWI members,

Just wanted to greet you all, Im a new member from Australia. Been lurking on this forum and r/reptime for a couple of weeks and decided to finally make an account. I hope to make a purchase soon and also get into this new hobby as its very interesting! Any interesting threads/guides would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys ????

R2L

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
G’day mate,

Welcome. Lot of good info to be found here so all you need to do is spend some time reading. You’ll find entry level watches ($100-200) all the way up to Frankens worth $thousands. Your taste will determine what you buy, and your budget will guide you as to how much to spend. But before you and your money get separated, take the time to educate yourself as to what’s out there and why the different prices. Don’t rush into any purchase until you’re comfortable with your decision to buy.

Final word of advice: every members’ tastes are different so asking “Who has the best Submariner/Rolex/Omega/etc...” will only get you grief, as only you can decide how you define “best.”

Good luck, make new friends, and enjoy yourself here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cla

Horology Curious
18/2/19
Hi to all,

I am recently retired from my business after over 30 years, not all plain sailing, I must admit, more later maybe, as I am a pretty private type.

I have just joined the site and although I have had a long time interest in several brands I am enjoying discovering the site and many different brands some of which I can honestly say I have never heard of, that is part of the enjoyment at the moment.

I do own a couple of Gens, and thought my future buying would all be in that area however after looking at some of the reps available I am sure I will be an active buyer in some.of the areas that maybe I just would not buy a gen.

I started looking for a beater and think I have already purchased one from a current member. We shall see how that pans out.
No it's not a rep its a seiko 009. Great beater.

Well I think so.

Cla

cla

Horology Curious
18/2/19
Thanks Beau7816

Yes, I have enjoyed reading the many and varied areas on the forum and site.

It certainly helps to have as much information as is available prior to making a purchase or indeed prior to asking what some may consider to be ridiculous questions.

Reading between the lines or in some cases it is more obvious and apparent that foolish questions asked by noobies without any on site research is not taken lightly.

All in the learning curve, thank you again.

cla

6idO’Clock

Looking Around
18/2/19
Rush Thanks heaps my friend!

Ride2live Thank you so much for you wise words and such great advice you have shared with me. I will most definitely take this aboard when making my future purchases. Your advice is greatly appreciated!

beau7816 Woo thank you! I will get stuck in this article that you have provided!

Nivka Ayyy another fellow Aussie, Gday buddy!! As of right now I am really interested in the Cartier Ballon Bleu, I hear factory V6F V4 has one or if not the best. Any suggestions or links to articles about this watch?

Just another note: Id like to thank everyone again for such a warm welcome, you guys are truly too kind! Also what TD do you guys recommend or have had great experiences with so far? Any response is greatly appreciated :):)

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Rush Thanks heaps my friend!

Ride2live Thank you so much for you wise words and such great advice you have shared with me. I will most definitely take this aboard when making my future purchases. Your advice is greatly appreciated!

beau7816 Woo thank you! I will get stuck in this article that you have provided!

Nivka Ayyy another fellow Aussie, Gday buddy!! As of right now I am really interested in the Cartier Ballon Bleu, I hear factory V6F V4 has one or if not the best. Any suggestions or links to articles about this watch?

Just another note: Id like to thank everyone again for such a warm welcome, you guys are truly too kind! Also what TD do you guys recommend or have had great experiences with so far? Any response is greatly appreciated :):)

I don’t know much about the ballon Bleu sorry. V6f do some great reps