• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New(ish) member from Charlotte, NC!

way245

Horology Curious
10/11/17
Hello everyone! I have actually been on here for a little over a year, just browsing around waiting for the time to come where I can finally purchase that high-end rep watch I've always wanted. There are BEAUTIFUL watches here that I didn't even know existed, but I will be purchasing my first Rolex. I'm still trying to figure out which one, but am narrowing down some options. I've always looked up to my dad, and he always has had a Rolex. A couple of fakes (definitely not to the quality here on this forum), and he had a real one. He worked for a really nice company, and had to decide if he wanted a promotion or to stay in school. On the day he dropped out of school, he went and bought a genuine Rolex. I just got promoted to full time at my job, just started my own business, and my birthday is coming up, so I figured no better time than now to order my first Rolex!

Please give me some suggestions on your favorite Rolex or what your first watch was :) Thanks everyone!

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
way245

Yes black and green one though you may see some with black face and green bezel

beau7816

Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
You cant go wrong with either Noob or ARF - the best version would be a combination of both but we are talking minor detail which would only be picked up from members in the forum.

way245

Horology Curious
10/11/17
You cant go wrong with either Noob or ARF - the best version would be a combination of both but we are talking minor detail which would only be picked up from members in the forum.

Yeah that's what I've picked up on. I've read that emailing them is the best way, I've looked all over the new members FAQ but didn't see any contact info for Noob. Where can I go to find that?

beau7816

Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
way245 Just type in the forum search bar Noob Submariner v ARF. The argument with these two watches will go on and on and some people will cite that tiny little dot is as massive as a house if you get my meaning. The details are minute and even when I put them side by side you still have to get an expert to say "it's a mile off". So best advice go with your gut.