Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Hi from the UK noob to the game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hi from the UK noob to the game

    Hi all.

    I came across this forum from a reddit post recommending to join here to meet trusted dealers.

    I've been looking at reps for a while now but never know where to get them from I've only seen a few dodgy looking chinese websites that I cant seem to find any genuine reviews for or a seller on facebook selling apparently AAAs for £100.. but those look exactly the same as a guy I know who sells clothes that was selling a few rolexes for £40! Sooo don't know where else to look? I'm not after spending too much on a rep cos for 1) I don't have the funds and 2) cos at the end of the day its fake lol and I'm no watch specialist. I just don't want to pay over the odds for what somethings worth.. so I came here for some guidance!

    ps - not really interested in Rolex as imo its the first brand anyone will think is fake, I'd like an omega seamaster or something similar. I was wanting something skeleton but they're limited in reps and they never look the same obviously lol

    thanks

    #2
    Originally posted by Kyle_d View Post
    Hi all.

    I came across this forum from a reddit post recommending to join here to meet trusted dealers.
    You'll find them in the trusted dealer section.

    Originally posted by Kyle_d View Post
    I've been looking at reps for a while now but never know where to get them from I've only seen a few dodgy looking chinese websites that I cant seem to find any genuine reviews for or a seller on facebook selling apparently AAAs for £100.. but those look exactly the same as a guy I know who sells clothes that was selling a few rolexes for £40! Sooo don't know where else to look? I'm not after spending too much on a rep cos for 1) I don't have the funds and 2) cos at the end of the day its fake lol and I'm no watch specialist. I just don't want to pay over the odds for what somethings worth.. so I came here for some guidance!
    Marketing is marketing wherever you go and whatever you buy.

    Just be aware that CNY grinds the country to a halt - that includes rep dealers and big business, something which plays havoc with my day job. You've picked a less than ideal time to be going into reps.

    Originally posted by Kyle_d View Post
    ps - not really interested in Rolex as imo its the first brand anyone will think is fake, I'd like an omega seamaster or something similar. I was wanting something skeleton but they're limited in reps and they never look the same obviously lol
    Do note that you get what you pay for, as in all things in life, when it comes to reps. A 100 quid replica Rolex is going to be appalling in quality for the most part anyways (unless you went with something like a Regmariner). In that bracket, consider a quartz AP.

    Comment


      #3
      Kyle_d

      Welcome to RWI. Click on the link for some good reading.

      ​​​​​​https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...s-are-the-best

      Comment


        #4
        Thanks for the reply. I do like APs.. royal oaks are nice. I work on a building site so I only get to wear watches occasionally so would you recommend a quartz anyway? Are they generally not as good quality or just cheapee but as good with quality?

        I don't really like numbers on the bezel what do you recommend? a few that I've seen recently that I like are..

        IWC Portuguesier Chronograph

        Omega speedmaster mark ii

        Omega Seamaster

        i tried to attach photos but dunno how to do it

        how much should I look at spending for these watches?

        Comment


          #5
          Thanks beau will check that out

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by beau7816 View Post
            Kyle_d

            Welcome to RWI. Click on the link for some good reading.

            ​​​​​​https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...s-are-the-best
            I had a look at that earlier actually but I didn't understand where to buy them from

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Kyle_d View Post
              Thanks for the reply. I do like APs.. royal oaks are nice. I work on a building site so I only get to wear watches occasionally so would you recommend a quartz anyway? Are they generally not as good quality or just cheapee but as good with quality?

              I don't really like numbers on the bezel what do you recommend?
              Royal Oak Offshore quartz will fit the bill for you as far as price and the no numbers on the bezel. RepPossessed used to carry these and they were definitely in your price range. Came very close to getting one myself when I went through a brief flirtation with wanting AP.

              Comment


                #8
                I've had a look about and may have to get one of those APs.. I found the InTime JF V3 1:1 one whilst looking and oh my that is some quality! Love the AP on the strap/ clasp.

                https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...jFCDgC1l52jE3M

                Unfortunately I cant afford that one the misses would go mental lol

                any other suggestions based on the ones I said Iike
                Last edited by Kyle_d; 10-02-19, 13:31.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Take a look at the offerings of narikaa

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by xray7 View Post
                    Take a look at the offerings of narikaa
                    I had a look but they don't look great lol im not in a rush ill keep a look out on here.. RepSource has sold some nice stuff.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Kyle_d

                      Take a look at the Trusted Dealers from the main page of the forum or KSwatches (UK based) on this forum.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Thanks I've been looking around not sure which of them are uk based but I'll keep looking thanks

                        Comment


                          #13
                          The answer was in my last post KSwatches are UK based and here on the forum.

                          Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                            #14
                            beau7816 I know I saw thanks.. there's more than just the one I've discovered. Kswatches seems good though I've communicated with him a couple times. Just need to make my mind up what I want.. I think its going to be the omega aqua terra gmt

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Welcome - fellow newbie UK rep fan here.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X