• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello from new member and Brexit Question

heartcore

Horology Curious
20/1/19
Hello Everyone,

I just joined this forum after having researched replica watches on the internet for a while now. Seems like this is a great place to both learn more about reps and also find trustable dealers.

Being based in Germany I would like to buy from dealers in the UK in order to avoid any possible customs problems.

However as it now seems that Britain is leaving the EU by the end of March I was wondering if anybody here knows what will happen afterwards.

I think there will still be enough time for me to place a first purchase with a UK dealer before the end of March, however I had planned to buy several watches over a few months as finances permit but now it seems that after March this might not be possible anymore.

Importing directly from China is definitely not an option as German customs are extremely strict and they will open most shipments from China.

Any thoughts on this?

matty1938

Supporter
Certified
16/5/16
Best bet my friend is to keep a close eye on m2m sales if you are worried about customs.

mediamatters1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/5/08
I wouldnt worry too much about Brexit....I’d imagine the customs union will stay in tact for at least the next 24 months

xray7

Renowned Member
1/4/18
Old Dart
While I'm not sure what will happen with the Customs Union either, I truly am loathe to admit how concerned I am about what Brexit will mean for my watch habit as going gen is imminent. Suffice to say, it looms large in my mind.

Kdawggy

Known Member
3/4/18
However as it now seems that Britain is leaving the EU by the end of March I was wondering if anybody here knows what will happen afterwards.

Sadly, not even the British government knows what's happening afterwards. I'm hoping the whole thing is going to be called off (via a second referendum), but the two most likely outcomes right now are a no-deal Brexit or an extension on Article 50 (meaning the March 29th leave date being pushed back).

Either way, you've got enough time to get at least one order through.

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
I'm pretty sure td's will find a solution, if and when this becomes a problem.

heartcore

Horology Curious
20/1/19
Thanks for all your answers guys! I really hope that the customs union remains intact as some of you believe. Now that I have just recently found out about the wonderful world of replica watches and already have about a dozen watches on my list that I would like to get in the future it would be too bad if there's no way anymore for me to get them.

Espacebeetle

Horology Curious
7/10/17
I am pretty sure there will be at least a two year transitional period before customs kicks in. When customs does kick in, I don't believe it will be an issue anyway, maybe just a bit of tax to pay.
Proportionately, UK is the biggest importer of German goods, so Eu and UK won't want to mess Brexit up.
Buy your watches, you will be fine.

Dd88

Known Member
6/9/18
Sorry to revive an old thread , but i'm worried about brexit aswell !

Firstly, the UK and the EU are likely to develop some bilateral agreements, or the UK can become a member of the European Economic Area (EEA) and/or the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) along with its 4 already existing non-EU members (Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and Iceland).

Whilst this arrangement may give some lenience for taxes associated with imports, the transport process when importing will still change.

You may need an import license to import certain goods into the UK. You will need to declare your import to customs and pay for customs clearance. You will need a commercial invoice that outlines the commodity codes of the items you are importing as well to determine the duty payable on your import

I've got this info from https://transporteca.co.uk/importing-brexit/

Kdawggy

Known Member
3/4/18
Sorry to revive an old thread , but i'm worried about brexit aswell !

I've got this info from https://transporteca.co.uk/importing-brexit/

Honestly, with the way things are heading in the UK right now and with the March deadline looming, a no deal Brexit is looking more and more likely. The ERG (a cabal of right-wing Tories) is pushing for one and they're trying to block any version of a deal at every opportunity.

On the plus side for anyone in mainland Europe, the UK will likely have to trade under WTO rules and a lot of stuff will probably get through unchecked while we try to figure out how to deal with the absolute clusterfuck that creates. Then again, the EU will likely have to screen anything coming through the UK to make sure it conforms to their regulations/laws.

HelenBK27

27/6/18
UK
Sadly, not even the British government knows what's happening afterwards. I'm hoping the whole thing is going to be called off (via a second referendum), but the two most likely outcomes right now are a no-deal Brexit or an extension on Article 50 (meaning the March 29th leave date being pushed back).

Either way, you've got enough time to get at least one order through.

Yeah! I'll second your post. A second referendum is also my wish & to get it called off.
WTF do we really want to leave? Sadly, I can only see issues all round in the future...

Kdawggy

Known Member
3/4/18
Yeah! I'll second your post. A second referendum is also my wish & to get it called off.
WTF do we really want to leave? Sadly, I can only see issues all round in the future...

Long answer that I need to keep reminding myself:

There are legitimate problems and concerns in areas that once relied on mining/production etc; issues that are often overlooked by those in cities (including myself), but leaving the EU is only going to compound those problems, not fix them. It's those areas that are going to be hit disproportionately hardest when we leave.

Short answer:

A bunch of disaster capitalists like Rees-Mogg tricking English "patriots" into wishing for the return of some romanticised version of a Britain that never existed, so that they can do away with regulation and strip down the country for parts after all our services collapse under the strain from never-ending, ideologically driven austerity.

HelenBK27

27/6/18
UK
Long answer that I need to keep reminding myself:

There are legitimate problems and concerns in areas that once relied on mining/production etc; issues that are often overlooked by those in cities (including myself), but leaving the EU is only going to compound those problems, not fix them. It's those areas that are going to be hit disproportionately hardest when we leave.

Short answer:

A bunch of disaster capitalists like Rees-Mogg tricking English "patriots" into wishing for the return of some romanticised version of a Britain that never existed, so that they can do away with regulation and strip down the country for parts after all our services collapse under the strain from never-ending, ideologically driven austerity.

Couldn't agree more...

SikRipAndPanic

The answer is yes but what was the question
Supporter
7/2/17
London / Essex Area
In my opinion brexit or no brexit we will still be able get the reps
Money talks and will find a way

Sent from my iPad using RWI

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Sadly thats not so easy because other countrys here in europe control way more than UK (they dont care about watches) even the "we ship stuff as company goods" is not working anymore. Offcourse money talks but here in Germany its not so "easy" because you have the full risk.

I'am really concerned right now. It could really the end for watches to get here to my country because nobody wants to take a risk and get sued.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Sadly thats not so easy because other countrys here in europe control way more than UK (they dont care about watches) even the "we ship stuff as company goods" is not working anymore. Offcourse money talks but here in Germany its not so "easy" because you have the full risk.

I'am really concerned right now. It could really the end for watches to get here to my country because nobody wants to take a risk and get sued.

Is it really that hard getting REPs into DE? Norwegian customs must be super lax.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
It is i had packages from china her (not watches) 8 from 10 packages i did must go to customs its just a pain.