• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New-ish member

JON.GRANT

Horology Curious
3/12/18
USA
Got scammed here this week by a member which I will blow up this week. But just bought a GMT Master tonight from InTime 1167610. Will let everyone know how the Noob looks. But I’m very disappointed in the member I purchased the watch from. . Yes I’m new and was responding to his threads and he told me someone backed out of the deal and he privately messaged me. I sent him the money and he has shut me off since :/ Awful time of year to get scammed.

Sent from the RWI App

HelenBK27

27/6/18
UK
Oh! Sorry to hear that. Bad news if its true, most members here are spot on, as I'm sure you know...
If I is true be nice to have it out in the open though...

JON.GRANT

Horology Curious
3/12/18
USA
Stefnan is the one who I have paid $265 and have not gotten any response, or shipping confirmation. his communication ceased once I paid him

ROfan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/8/18
Stefnan also got me for $150. For about a week and a half he would message me every 2-3 days saying he was super busy and he’d update me when he got home but that still hasn’t happened.

JON.GRANT

Horology Curious
3/12/18
USA
Guy is clearly a crook. Had the best communication possible until I sent him the money and then he fell off the face of the earth ROfan

minwas

Renowned Member
9/3/17
UAE/EU
First of all, sorry to hear that but have both of you informed the RWI mods?

ROfan

30/8/18
minwas looking at his profile now, looks like the mods have shamed him.

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
Unfortunately the mods can't, won't help with back-door sales gone wrong. Best advice, stay away from the back door, that's where the scammers hang out.

Reactions: johnlogan

ggod001

11/3/16
After a little back and forth last week, we were supposed to make a trade. After he sent me his tracking number, I thought it was all groovy, but I was smart enough to check and see that the item had not actually been sent, though it was an active tracking # so he must have paid to generate the number. I was lucky in the fact I purchased my tracked package at the local post office on my lunch break yesterday, but didn't have my goods with me and planned to send it once I saw his tracking number was in-transit. Long story short, he hasn't responded to my inquiries since Friday, and just today I saw a note on his account that said DO NOT TRADE WITH ME - thanks Mods. I'm out $20 bucks for shipping. He lives in Iceland - I have the name and shipping address he gave me if anyone wants to PM me. I plan on sending him a bag of sh*t since it's already been paid for.

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
After a little back and forth last week, we were supposed to make a trade. After he sent me his tracking number, I thought it was all groovy, but I was smart enough to check and see that the item had not actually been sent, though it was an active tracking # so he must have paid to generate the number. I was lucky in the fact I purchased my tracked package at the local post office on my lunch break yesterday, but didn't have my goods with me and planned to send it once I saw his tracking number was in-transit. Long story short, he hasn't responded to my inquiries since Friday, and just today I saw a note on his account that said DO NOT TRADE WITH ME - thanks Mods. I'm out $20 bucks for shipping. He lives in Iceland - I have the name and shipping address he gave me if anyone wants to PM me. I plan on sending him a bag of sh*t since it's already been paid for.

The RWI Investigations Unit is ruthless, they will turn his life upside down with those details. Well deserved too.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I have the name and shipping address he gave me if anyone wants to PM me. I plan on sending him a bag of sh*t since it's already been paid for.

I want it !

Not the bag of sh*t please , but his name , address , or anything else we could possibly use ....

Reactions: johnlogan

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
You should have asked him to create a Reserved Sales Thread, that way you would be following the forum's rules.

while not ideal, responding to a WTB is not considered back door sales unless it's changed. I do agree, a thread would have been the preferred route.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
while not ideal, responding to a WTB is not considered back door sales unless it's changed. I do agree, a thread would have been the preferred route.

it is though , if there was no tagged pic and moderator approval , it was back door