• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

long time lurker, first time poster

just-s

Horology Curious
13/8/06
Hello everyone,

I've enjoyed sifting through posts and learning as much as I can. Just wanted to introduce myself as I may soon be ready to buy my first rep. I'm a good friend of a board reg and can't believe the high quality of his reps!

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
A friend of his is a friend of ours! :lol:

Welcome to the Dark Side! When you order your first rep make sure...
1. It is from one of our trusted dealers
2. Wear it proudly
3. Take pics and post them so we can enjoy too!! :D

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Oh... I like the PVD MM20 from davidson.
Let me put it to you this way, you can get a daytona from many places,
even find a deal or two in the for sale section, but a buy from davidson is priceless.
That is one fine rep!

We have quality dealers here & I'm sure whatever you decide, you probably be happy with!

Repmaniac

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
15/3/06
Ummm, just-s, I bet I just made your day........the GOAT says hey!!!!

So, you've been sitting there, staring at the light asking yourself "I can see the Dark Side, but do I wanna cross over?........looks friendly, but..........oh what-the-hell :shock: FIRST POST!!!!!!!!!!!

See, it didn't hurt at all! WELCOME!!!!!!!

DrmMaster

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/1/06
GOT GOAT?

Muwahahahahha,....I love that..And welcome...Read hard and fast before buying a daytona as a first only rep!....

Thanks Tim

just-s

Horology Curious
13/8/06
thanks for the welcome repmaniac and tim.

...Read hard and fast before buying a daytona as a first only rep!....

Thanks for the advice, If I buy a daytona it will be the one that I linked as I don't want to risk getting an older movement. I have worn the daytona and love it! I haven't tried a pam out yet so I'm still on the fence with that one. Something about that PVD finish that really appeals to me, does anyone know if it is durable? I've tried to find the answer to that without any luck. I don't want a watch where the finish nicks up or flakes off.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
just-s said:
thanks for the welcome repmaniac and tim.

...Read hard and fast before buying a daytona as a first only rep!....

Thanks for the advice, If I buy a daytona it will be the one that I linked as I don't want to risk getting an older movement. I have worn the daytona and love it! I haven't tried a pam out yet so I'm still on the fence with that one. Something about that PVD finish that really appeals to me, does anyone know if it is durable? I've tried to find the answer to that without any luck. I don't want a watch where the finish nicks up or flakes off.

most of the dealers have the same daytona now. welcome!

DrmMaster

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/1/06
I sent him a short breakdown on the seconds at 6 daytona....Id hate to see a first purchase go bad...

just-s

Horology Curious
13/8/06
I sent him a short breakdown on the seconds at 6 daytona....Id hate to see a first purchase go bad...

Thanks Tim! I read somewhere that the 7750b movement had solved the problems but if people still have issues I won't take the chance. I appreciate all of you that look out for us new guys :)

Repmaniac

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
15/3/06
As far as the PVD, make sure that it really IS a PVD coating, not just black spray paint, although if our dealers say it's PVD, I'm sure it is. Remember, it IS a coating, so it's not as durable as a metal finish. They will scratch and nick, but as long as you remember this, they are fine. I wouldn't wear one as a daily beater, or change an engine wearing one, but then again most people wouldn't do that with a gold Polox or any multi-thousand dollar watch on.

If you like it, I wouldn't worry about it.