• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

vintage PAM fan

qt11

Horology Curious
20/4/06
:) hey guys...

first off, thank you for a great website, there is so much great info here, espically for the vintage PAM fan.

i've been into reps for about a year, started like most people and got ripped off a few times until i stumbled across rwg, first decent rep was a PAM183 from eddielee, a great piece which still gets wrist time each week.

other pieces include a 127 from davidsen, which unfortunatley has had a few issues, hands fallen off and so has the crown guard, looks like the cg screws have become stripped. Its about to be returned for repair when i get a chance.

i'm very tempted by some of davidsen's other pieces, maybe a preV and a PVD... so many to choose from...

i recently purchased a 3646 with cortebert movement from the amazing WM, however unfortunately it had a movement problem so had to be returned, i only had chance to wear it once... it was swapped for a WM Sea Dweller, great piece, however i've never really been much of a Rolex fan.

what i do like however are the vintage PAM pieces, not sure why, they have a beautiful simplicity. Am hopefully looking to learn more about these pieces and possibly experiment building a custom piece. Some of the pieces posted here are truely stunning, absolute works of art...

i just need to spend time reading, learning and soaking up the amazing amount of knowledge and skill here...

Cheers
A

Repmaniac

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
15/3/06
Well, welcome there, qt11! Glad to have you here. You're in good company, LOTS of Pannie fans here. Sorry to hear about the bumps you've had. Davidsen sells a damn-fine watch and I know it'll work out fine. Rep collecting is like collecting vintage cars sometimes.....you never know whats gonna fall off next!!!! Just kidding, it's amazing how far these things have come in a short period of time.

Have fun, ask questions, and don't be a stranger!