• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello. My 1st Rep. Purchase

WatchFreak68

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/8/18
Hello all.

I just wanted to say hello as I recently joined this forum and just figured out how to upload images :)

As I had done most of my research in RWI about how to make my 1st rep. purchase, I wanted to post my initial experience and impressions.

My 1st rep. purchase was a Omega Seamaster PO 42mm from Puretime. PT was great to deal with and the communication was great. After payment was confirmed, I received QC images within a day and the watch was shipped immediately after I approved the QC images. The only minor complaint that I had was in regards to the final price. Due to the exchange rate charged to my credit card, I ended up paying about $40 US more for the watch than the posted price on the site. In my research, I must have missed this tidbit. Obviously these watches are coming from China, but I thought US posted $ were US $.

The watch is beautiful, and I really like the exhibition back. Its a pretty heavy watch but wears extremely well due to the high quality brushed solid bracelet. It also comes with a leather strap with deployment clasp giving this watch 2 completely different looks.

Here are a few images from QC and me:

1K68a.jpg

1KpGX.jpg

1KvKp.jpg

1K1Ys.jpg

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Welcome!

That's a great looking watch, I almost want to pick one up but don't want to spend the money just yet. Your pictures certainly aren't helping!

Which factory?

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
I have the CRPO...amazing watch, I just love these PO's

Swerepguy

12/2/18
Hello all.

I just wanted to say hello as I recently joined this forum and just figured out how to upload images :)

As I had done most of my research in RWI about how to make my 1st rep. purchase, I wanted to post my initial experience and impressions.

My 1st rep. purchase was a Omega Seamaster PO 42mm from Puretime. PT was great to deal with and the communication was great. After payment was confirmed, I received QC images within a day and the watch was shipped immediately after I approved the QC images. The only minor complaint that I had was in regards to the final price. Due to the exchange rate charged to my credit card, I ended up paying about $40 US more for the watch than the posted price on the site. In my research, I must have missed this tidbit. Obviously these watches are coming from China, but I thought US posted $ were US $.

The watch is beautiful, and I really like the exhibition back. Its a pretty heavy watch but wears extremely well due to the high quality brushed solid bracelet. It also comes with a leather strap with deployment clasp giving this watch 2 completely different looks.

Here are a few images from QC and me:

1K68a.jpg

1KpGX.jpg

1KvKp.jpg

1K1Ys.jpg

Sorry mate but that is a 45mm

obrienk

Renowned Member
15/7/07
That's a 45mm (you can tell by the date window); it also comes with a rubber strap, not leather.

Nice watch though.

WatchFreak68

13/8/18
That's a 45mm (you can tell by the date window); it also comes with a rubber strap, not leather.

Nice watch though.

Mmmm. Thats what I was wondering from the QC images I received, so I sent an e-mail back ensuring that my watch was a 42mm, which is what I ordered.

I think the QC images may be throwing us off in regards to the appearance of the date window, because the watch I received is indeed a 42mm.

Swerepguy

12/2/18
Mmmm. Thats what I was wondering from the QC images I received, so I sent an e-mail back ensuring that my watch was a 42mm, which is what I ordered.

I think the QC images may be throwing us off in regards to the appearance of the date window, because the watch I received is indeed a 42mm.

No way, the QC pics is a 45mm No doubt.

Reactions: vcappp

WatchFreak68

13/8/18
No way, the QC pics is a 45mm No doubt.

Interesting. Is it common practice for TD's to send QC pics for us to approve that are not even for the watch we are receiving?

I just measure the watch I was sent with calipers and it is a 42mm, which would mean that my QC images are not of the watch they sent to me.

Reactions: leo6929

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Interesting. Is it common practice for TD's to send QC pics for us to approve that are not even for the watch we are receiving?

I just measure the watch I was sent with calipers and it is a 42mm, which would mean that my QC images are not of the watch they sent to me.

This happened to me once. I was fuming, but the dealer could not care less. In the end I kept the watch because it was ok, but definitely a different serial number on the case.

WatchFreak68

13/8/18
This happened to me once. I was fuming, but the dealer could not care less. In the end I kept the watch because it was ok, but definitely a different serial number on the case.

Wow. I can't believe that I didnt notice this when I first received the watch, I was probably to excited to get it, but the serial # from the QC images sent to me by Pure Time do not match the watch they sent me.

I really like the watch and it looks great, but what was the purpose of the QC images? No I have no idea about the strength of the movement or the level of water resistance.

Not a happy customer at this time. Pure Time sent me a feedback questionnaire, so Ill post a follow up to this thread.

Reactions: leo6929