• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello Everybody at the Dark Side

Panama

10/9/06
Just wanted to introduce myself. I think it`s etiquette (even goats agree, right?)

Well, my interest in watches started in early childhood since I received a watch from an old family-friend.
It had just one flaw: It didn`t work! So I took it to a watchmaker who told me that it would cost about 100 $. :shock:
I liked the watch but didn`t have that much money to spend on it. The watchmaker told me that the watch is much more worth then 100 bucks and that I could repair it even later...
I couldn`t wait and so I started carrying out newspapers to get money for the watch.
Yepp, my first selfearned money I wasted on a watch, since then I`m watch addict... :)

Now I have some gens, most 2nd hand, wich I resell and make some bucks with, some NOS gens (Longines, Doxa, Darwil, Chronos...) and a Citizen Diver`s Automatic for everyday... :)
Will add some pics as soon as possible if someone is interested.

My attention to "new generation reps" was captured while searching movements for a project-watch on iabay a few weeks ago.
I already knew about reps but had no idea of the level of quality they have reached.
Lucky how I am I stumbled over RWG and then found the Dark Side.

My first and still lasting impression of the Dark Side?

+OUTSTANDING QUALITY of information
+The Best dealers in one place
+Great reviews (By-Tor`s, ups...it`s teamwork, could be posted in a magazine...)
+Professional Pics and how to make`em yourself instructions! :)
Pug`s are amazing...
(hope he will come back from Asia with a lot of nice pics)
+A lot of nice people with a lot of good humor (Mmuuuhhh! :lol: )

I think I`m gonna enjoy to stay on the Dark Side.

Now I`m gonna have a look for another Tic-Tac. The dealers really doesn`t make my life so easy, the offer is so big...

I thinking about a cool PVD-PAM from Davidsen, SMP Chrono (one of my favourites) from TTK or better a Tag Link?
Damn, Sash`s stuff is fine also, not to forget Josh, Andrew and Enzo...

What a dilema... :roll:
Quo Vadis?

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Yepz! I read your post on another thread. Glad that you find this site useful. Enjoy your stay and feel free to participate in our discussions :p

rah

29/3/06
Welcome-Glad you have enough drive to find what you want. I too started my business drive when I was a child and wanted a bike so went out and earned the money to get it. I used to walk 2 miles to town and pick up discarded soda bottles that I could get 2 cents apeice for. I generally could pick up enough bottles to pay my way into a movie 25 cents and a popcorn 10 cents. That kind of dates me but I appreciate someone who has enough drive to get want he wants. That is getting to be a trait that is not prevelant in todays world.

sash5

Known Member
6/9/06
welcome panama.. :)

i am sure you dont have to go down the same road with a replica watch here.. :)

cheers

VtommyRboy6

Known Member
26/7/06
Welcome Panama,

glad you found the Darkside, it has changed my life. I have never wasted so much time and money on one website before.....

Be prepared to have all your priorities messed up and if you have no addictions yet...hehe you will soon.

Cheers
Tommy

Roeod4

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/3/06
Glad you found us and Welcome to the Dark Side!

If you know how to work on your own watches you will find a lot of things to do here. You can also grow a collection very rapidly if you have no self control (most of us don't). :wink:

Have fun and remember that it is only a hobby and not your life. I have to remind myself that everyday. :D

DrmMaster

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/1/06
Number 1......YOU MUST POST ALL YOUR GEN PICS...ITS LAW..... :shock: :D

And welcome to RWI....Glad to have ya!....Im glad you think so highly of this place..Look foreward to seeing you more

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
DrmMaster said:
Number 1......YOU MUST POST ALL YOUR GEN PICS...ITS LAW..... :shock: :D

And welcome to RWI....Glad to have ya!....Im glad you think so highly of this place..Look foreward to seeing you more

and he is the cheif of police, welcome.

Bearcat

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/10/06
Welcome to the Dark Side. It is an amazing place...real wealth of information here.

Cheers,

--Bearcat