• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New from Berkeley, CA

big_willie_style

Horology Curious
20/6/18
Hey all,

New guy here living in Berkeley, CA. I'm trying to learn more about reps--specifically Subs and DateJust. Any recs on which I should go for first to dip my toe into the rep watch world? Budget 300-400.

Looking forward to learning about this crazy world!

Cheers,
Will

BirkinTourbillon

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/14
Hi there Will! Welcome to RWI! This place is like a fountain of knowledge with nice members too, so I am certain that you’ll like it here a lot. Btw, Submariner is definitely something good to start with, given your budget. Simply one of the super reps out of the box IMHO. But apart from that, there are variety of Subs there in the market, so as what zexynova suggested, you can simply start with picking your TD before then choosing the kind of Subs that you wanna go with. Good luck mate!

"Tienes que correr riesgos, en esta vida"

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Welcome, good budget to start out. I would suggest buying from trusted members...saves you money.

big_willie_style

Horology Curious
20/6/18
After spending quite a bit of time here and stalking every thread I could find, I finally pulled the trigger on my first rep. A Rolex DJ 36mm in blue with stick markers, a fluted bezel, and jubilee bracelet. SH3135 movement. I'll post a new thread with some glamor shots when it arrives. Really stoked for this!

vanwolff

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
Germany
That is an excellent choice, well done! The ARF DJ is an extremely well made watch that will not disappoint you. Case and bezel machining are spot on, the dial is a beauty to behold and the bracelet is solid with a superb feeling clasp. Especially in terms of value this watch will give you an excellent bang-for-buck.
Good job and welcome to the community!