• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello from Singapore!

juggernaught09

Horology Curious
9/6/18
Hello! Just joined here and was recently inducted into the rep watches community.

Just a little more about myself:

Why I decided to go into the reps game?

Sometimes I find it difficult to justify the thousands that I'll spend on gen products. I do have a few gen watches lying around but I'm not a great movement fan nor am I a watch history fan at this stage.

However, I do understand that certain watches have an "investment" value to it and these are generally the ones that I do buy in gen.

Further, due to the nature of my work, I do need to wear a dress watch on a daily basis but its exceptionally painful when I scratch them. I do not take much caution to my hands in my daily movements. So well, if I can get a rep that looks and works decently, it wouldn't hurt my heart that much to see it get scratched.

Misc:

I am not sure if its a common trait but it is exceptionally gratifying to go around on a rep that is difficult to get called out on. It's a game to me, and I really enjoy hunting down the best reps I can get my hands on.

I also love travelling to developing countries outside of work and cannot justify the risk of losing a watch bought with thousands of dollars.

Last but not least, looking forward to enjoy my time here with the research and the game.

May the odds always be in our favour.

Reactions: BirkinTourbillon

PlanetZoom

I'm Pretty Popular
28/8/16
USA
Welcome to RWI!

:wave:

Sounds like this hobby is for you! It's a lot of fun!

BirkinTourbillon

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/14
Welcome to the forum! I am sure you’ll like it here bro! This place is simply rich of information and knowledge, which makes this hobby even more fun!

"Tienes que correr riesgos, en esta vida"

juggernaught09

Horology Curious
9/6/18
Nothing less than a PAM 111 will do for a first rep. Going with chazingtime because he's based in Singapore as well. Its easier for me to make payments.

I'm also eyeing an À Lange and Sonhe Datograph. Notwithstanding the multiple flaws on it, it still looks really gorgeous.

Link: https://puretime.io/watch-brands/a-lange-sohne/datograph/datograph-flyback-ss-black-dial.html

Can anyone shed light on the best version albeit inaccurate datograph? Gonna do my research right after typing this reply.

zexynova

Renowned Member
27/12/15
hmm....bro. im from sg too. I advise right....to probably ask the TD as why it defers so much. It could be the movement. cuz the description for the movement, quite vague. Or something else.........

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Welcome juggernaught09 Try different TD's till you find one that works well for you. The prices and service will vary a little. My TD is very good at making sure the quality is the best but is much slower from the time I order till I receive the watch. I just prefer the better service over speed.

Thanks for taking good care of my President in recent days.

juggernaught09

Horology Curious
9/6/18
hmm....bro. im from sg too. I advise right....to probably ask the TD as why it defers so much. It could be the movement. cuz the description for the movement, quite vague. Or something else.........

Definitely will have to, the descriptions on the pages are not helpful at all.

juggernaught09

Horology Curious
9/6/18
Welcome juggernaught09 Try different TD's till you find one that works well for you. The prices and service will vary a little. My TD is very good at making sure the quality is the best but is much slower from the time I order till I receive the watch. I just prefer the better service over speed.

Thanks for taking good care of my President in recent days.

Which TD is that if you do not mind me asking?

I'm just glad that nothing happened to President Trump and Chairman Kim during their stay here. God knows how our little island will be exterminated if anything untoward happened to one of them or worse, both.

It appears that Chairman Kim is exceptionally happy to be in Singapore, always smiling and enjoying himself at our local tourist attractions.

zexynova

Renowned Member
27/12/15
bro. I usually go with marvellous Replica. fast replies, and he ensures everything is smooth and working, before posting out. He also gives advise on which model is better.