• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Going to place the first order

soaux2

Horology Curious
18/4/18
Just pop up to say Hi. Found this forum days ago, and checked several threads learning a lot.
Going to get a yacht-master 116622... but not sure which factory's better... any suggestions are appreciated..

sierra-tango

Known Member
15/3/18
Hi and welcome Soaux2,
good luck with your first purchase :) I do own the 116622 (noob version). really stunning watch :)

:drinks_cheers:

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Hi and welcome Soaux2,
good luck with your first purchase :) I do own the 116622 (noob version). really stunning watch :)

:drinks_cheers:

Second that. The noob is very good. I like the JF a little better. They are both amazing watches. I like the movement on the JF. It is a SH3135 while the noob is a SA3135. Either are good but the SH once serviced is a killer movement. Good luck.

Oh and welcome too RWI brother.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Just pop up to say Hi. Found this forum days ago, and checked several threads learning a lot.
Going to get a yacht-master 116622... but not sure which factory's better... any suggestions are appreciated..

Hi there,

Noob and JF do the quality reps of a Yachtmster, I tent to like Noob more, beside a blue dial where the JF dial is nicer imo.

Enjoy your first rep!

Last edited:

soaux2

Horology Curious
18/4/18
Got Noob one from toro. pretty good quality and quick delivery - around 5 days to Austrlia... Thank you all!

sierra-tango

Known Member
15/3/18
Enjoy your timepiece and wear it in good health, mate.
Make sure all the screws are tightened. :)
Yesterday a friend of mine, owning a Submariner REP, lost his screw which holds the links (bracelet). Man, it was like pain in the as# to find it, luckily he found it and I put the screw back in place. Also I told him he could fix the screw with loclite :) Man RWI is just awesome, you need to read all the good stuff to enjoy the WATCHES as much as you can!!!

Noob alledegly used A2824-2 movements, so be patient when it comes to date settings:

3. Don't set the date between 7 pm and 2 am
This is true for all 7750's, Asian or gen Valjoux. Note that this is also good practice when setting the date on other movements. The date gear starts to engage with the date wheel around 7pm and disengages totally by 2 am, if you attempt to do a quick date change during the engagement, you will damage the watch. Best advice - with any watch, whatever the movement - is to wind the hands forward past midnight until the date changes, then with the hands set to around 6am, use the quick set function to change the date as needed.

source: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...a7750-movement

Last edited: