• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Newbie from Canada in need of help

jmkgl

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
14/4/18
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a rolex Submariner V6s from RWG forum.
However, the watch broke on me. The crystal and the bezel fell off at the same time.
Also, one of the bearing and spring was missing when this all happened.
What would you recommend I do? is there someone here who knows how to fix this issue?
I would love to get the crystal pressed in, then sealed and of course the bezel re-installed with the replacement part and working perfectly.
It has a lovely movement but it was rattling a bit when moving around, so possibly might need an inspection.
But other than that, I just want this working and wearable in water.
If you guys know anyone or have had experience with an issue like this in the past, it would be greatly appreciated.
I am not sure if this was the right place to post, but I figured I would ask.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
You’ll have to send it to one of the guys in USA to sort it out for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sierra-tango

Known Member
15/3/18
Seems you need a watchsmith, mate.
You can do mistakes putting the crystal (without any dust and finger marks, that can be a pain in the azz) back in place sealing it properly for watertightness.
I have no clue if there is a watchsmith in Canada or US if apprecitated. Maybe someone can chime in giving you an address of a reliable watchsmith.
Anyhow, good luck, mate!

jmkgl

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
14/4/18
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I went to some local shops, all denied working on it and I called around to other places but they all refuse to touch it.....Maybe Calgary has stuck up watchmakers?

mincus8

29/10/14
I live in Canada and recently had a problem with my Breitling( last week ) and sent it to Katt in The US.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Silver_Samurai

Known Member
11/3/18
Strange your local watchsmith denied working on it. I'm in BC and I bring mine to a watch smith that specifically is known to work on reps. In fact, he's worked on a few other forum members watches as well.

jmkgl

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
14/4/18
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hey can you pm me the name of that watchmaker? Problem is I have looked for the bezel bearing and spring online and cant find it...

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
You won't find bezel click for the ceramic submariner. There are no aftermarket parts like that.
Check our M2M section and you may be lucky with finding the rep parts.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
No need for that, no need for a new case I guess.
Assuming you still have the bezel tension ring, you probably need a new crystal gasket - this gasket holds the crystal and a "mushroom" tension ring goes on the top of the gasket. I think noob v5/6/v7 gaskets are all the same.
As far as I know TD won't sell rep click solo. They can order the full case kit. Does not sound cost effective.
Post WTB in the M2M section, soon or later someone will sell you these parts,