• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello, my wife hates me already

Xwl

Looking Around
6/3/18
Hello everybody,
I wanted to buy myself a nice watch for a while now. I don't like to show off but in my job I sometimes have to, so I decided to get a rep. After a little research I thought I could get a nice sub for around 150$, but since I started reading the forum I'm a little overwhelmed by the quantity of different 1166610 reps and my wife hates me because I got addicted without buying a watch yet. If somebody can give me a hint for a nice but affordable starter-sub, I would be glad for any advice.

Cheers!

Cowboy45

12/2/18
USA
Welcome! Either go with the noob v7 or an ARF. Both are good options avaliable at all the TD websites. Or check here and see what's avaliable in the forum forsale from other members.

FarewellFire

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/17
Hey Xwl!

Trust me, there is no end to this hobby and when you thought that your work was done after your first purchase... you realize that you probably need (want) another one. And another one. Aaaand another one.

There are as many opinions as there are people on RWI to what the best sub rep is. But in general there are two roads to take:

1) You want to get a replica that is as similar to the real deal as possible out of the box, without modifications (and you never plan to mod it either).
2) You accept some minor flaws as you will modify the watch anyway and in the end the model you choose has better characteristics for modding.

Also, it all depends on what style, model and color you want.

See, how complicated this tends to get?

I'll throw a log into the fire:

If you want something that is very, very close to the genuine watch without modding it - get the JF 166610 LV without the rehaut engraving. This is based on the older Sub that lacked the ceramic bezel and engraving on the rehaut. These two details make it lack two obvious tells. It still has some tells (it would be even better without the datewheel and cyclops buuuuuut... Yeah.

Cue: EVERYONE telling you that I'm wrong, etc.

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy
I just bought a cheap 116610 form the M2M market and believe me...if you're not too much "anal" you will be happy about the nowadays rep quality...
Edit : Welcome!

Last edited:

Xwl

Looking Around
6/3/18
hey guys thank you for your feedback. yes cowboy 45, I found out that the new noob must be the hot thing but as I am all new to this, i will take lorenzo's advice and look for a cheap version to start. the price of the noob v7 or the JF is a little too hot. i guess i will find something i want to change anyway, so let's take it easy. did anybody try a regmariner by narikaa yet? I read it's great and also not expensive.
thank you for the warm welcome!

apottedplant

6/6/12
If you are on a budget, the regmariner is pretty bang for bucks. Like Lorenzo said above, rep quality these days are very good.

adamweby

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/8/12
CONUS
yes, you will be blown away. dont forget to post pics when you get it!

zamberla

Renowned Member
21/6/14
I will but first narikaa has to answer my email

Same here..he's been a bit slow this past week with the emails which is very weird for him..he usually replies immediately..

You'll love the watch btw. I have 2 Regmariners. Good stuff!