• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I never thought I'd buy a rep!

rmac172

Horology Curious
24/3/15
Sup guys,

I joined the site a while ago to look at some gen/rep comparisons but didn't continue to lurk or contribute beyond that as I had no intentions of ever buying anything other than pre-owned gens. Being slightly older and more sensible now i have just sold my speedy and a PAM321 to fund my first house purchase leaving me only with the Tag Aquaracer i got for my 18th birthday which spurred my love of watches.

Realising it will now be a long time before i can afford any of the watches i want I've taken the plunge with a V7 AP Diver (with 2AR crystal and a gen strap) in a M2M deal on here which arrived today and i'm blown away with the quality of it! The only thing i can pick up without looking too hard is the date cyclops being too reflective, which i can live with but will probably look into the best way of sorting it at some point.

I'm now starting to question if i will buy a high end gen again, unless I'm ever in the position to get my dream PP 5726 or daytona 116506... But that's a very long way away though so for now I'm sold on modded Reps!

I'm sure I'll be out there asking some stupid questions very soon!

Cheers

DreadPirateRobert

Wtb Zenith Ton Up Chrono
Advisor
13/6/14
Fire Swamp
Welcome my friend. It is indeed a twisted tunnel to go down, every nice rep you see will have you reaching for your wallet!

WatchKnob

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Supporting Vendor
10/6/13
USA
I was a devout rep hater, jumped right into the high end watch game when I was 20-21 and never even considered a rep. Decided to get one just to wear when road bicycling since they were cheaper than a good gen sports watch Incase I crashed and ruined it (AP diver) and was immediately hooked. Never will buy a gen again once I sell my bumblebee.

thampz

Horology Curious
27/6/16
I was a devout rep hater, jumped right into the high end watch game when I was 20-21 and never even considered a rep. Decided to get one just to wear when road bicycling since they were cheaper than a good gen sports watch Incase I crashed and ruined it (AP diver) and was immediately hooked. Never will buy a gen again once I sell my bumblebee.
I fell into the rep world for same kind of reasons. And now I think I'll spend more money on reps than I would have spent on a gen. Life is, atleast my watch box is going to have a nice filling. Welcome!

rmac172

Horology Curious
24/3/15
Welcome my friend. It is indeed a twisted tunnel to go down, every nice rep you see will have you reaching for your wallet!

Thanks buddy, I've learned that lesson very quickly, last night i was seriously contemplating buying a modded FC Diver from VAC haha i managed to stay strong for now though!

rmac172

Horology Curious
24/3/15

yep i'm thinking along the same lines now, i look at a lot of watches and think i like it but not enough to spend the money on when there's other things i want more... now i'll just have to get them all assuming they're decent quality!

thermalboyz

I'm Pretty Popular
29/11/14
United Kingdom
welcome as guest and stay as family. I have few gen also but there are mostly low/mid range therefore I can say the quality is not always better than Rep. Also have to control not to get the Rep Bug as once you caught on it will drain wallet pretty quickly.

Enjoy your Rep journey.

kevin.123

Renowned Member
12/8/14
Yeah! The rep bug is hard o shake off once you're hook!
Especially if you're hooked on mod ap!
They're a bomb to mod and your wallet will go draining fast but that's the fun in a mod watch anyway!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

DocHolliday

Huckleberry Sales Mod
Advisor
11/2/15
Been there buddy. Welcome to RWI. There's a great amount to learn around here. The search engine is your friend here! Congrats!