• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

looking with interest

applez

Known Member
5/8/14
Florida
Hello. I'm circling the wagon, sitting on the fence, studying the notes, to try and get my 1st "1:1" clone :courage:. I'm going to stick with a more popular model. I don't want to wait too much longer. Yeah I know it's still never a gen. The TD section is fantastic, since the replica watch sites seem to be the 2nd scammiest web site genre on the planet. I'm wondering if a $250 - $450 TD 1:1 watch will generally be as reliable as say a basic Seiko auto? Seems like most of these 1:1 either have a "Swiss" ETA or Miyota, for a basic 3-hander watch with date.

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
They usually are. And then in time you will move on to mods and eventually to the ultimate frankens. Welcome to the addiction! Have your money ready :hehehe:

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
If you want a watch with a movement that was assembled under appropriate conditions and likely may be serviced by your local watchmaker, buy a Seiko, Orient, used Hamilton and many others that you are probably familiar with. They are, at least, 1:1. :) The reps, well, not so much.

applez

Known Member
5/8/14
Florida
I am going to try and get a rep model that just came out fairly recently (past couple years or less), with some positive reviews, accurate description and described specs, and something mainstream not offbeat. And from a TD. Or maybe the m2m here. Should help avoid disappointment. I hope! My 1st auto watch was a high quality Seagull with all the features I wanted (power reserve, hacking, manual and auto wind, open caseback, simple 3 hander) so I wouldn't get turned off from auto watches altogether...just always had quartz. I weighted that much higher than style (but I do like the style..mainly just had to be 40mm or more).

TastyTreats

Put Some Respect On My Name
21/5/12
Never Land
anigif_enhanced-buzz-4670-1379087609-26_zps6001bba6.gif

applez

Known Member
5/8/14
Florida
This is a very good forum board. Lots of helpful info, people seem to have intellect here (you don't need to reply to try and prove me wrong :) ), and the folks running this board have been nicely responsive to a couple of things I've asked/requested).

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
A warm welcome from Los Angeles , California !! At the budget you are mentioning, you would be able to get a good Rep with a real Swiss ETA movement that would last you a lifetime !! The key words are 2824-2 , 2834-2 , and 2836-2 ! Any nice Rolex or Omega with those movements should put you into a first class wagon !! Good luck !!