• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Shipping to China

Songman2

Horology Curious
25/9/21
Hello,
I wanted to ask for your support. I need to send a watch back to China for repair. I am not allowed to use the delivery services DHL, TNT, UPS and FedEx. Do you have a TiPP how I can send the watch ?
Greetings
M.S

DJGhost

Supporter
Certified
1/2/17
In my opinion, not worth sending back to China due to risk of customs etc. I would personally look for a local watch smith (there is a few on here) and pay for the repair.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Where are you located ? I would strongly suggest you fix it locally or use an rwi watchsmith

Songman2

Horology Curious
25/9/21
already got a feedback from the manufacturer, the watch can only be repaired in china.
I already had the watch at a German watchmaker who can not repair it because this spare part is not available.

I have to ship the watch from Germany.

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
What kind of movement is it? Sending it back to china should really be your absolute last resort.

Reactions: P..DR..D

Songman2

Horology Curious
25/9/21
The balance bearing is broken, so the watch quch not work. This said the watchmaker

Last edited:

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
The balance bearing is broken, so the watch quch not work.

Not that I know much about movements at all, but given the risk involved in shipping back (& the cost), would it not be worthwhile investigating just getting a replacement movement and getting it installed.

I know that's an oversimplification, but I believe its doable for alot of watches.

No guarantee it'll make it there & the prevailing advice across the forum is do not send it back (unless you have no other options)

What exact watch is it & maybe the guys on here can point you in the right direction for a less risky option & a timelier solution?

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
You know that in GMT's the gmt hand shows 2nd time on bezel ?