• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New boy looking for mid-size dress watch

NotDave

Horology Curious
10/10/21
Hi all, new forum member here looking for a 'not-large' dress watch.
The brands / models that have caught my eye are
IWC Da vinci,
IWC Portofino
Breguet 5177
Breguet 7097
Breguet 7057
Panerai Radomir
Cartier Tortue
Zenith Elite
Patek Calatrava
Audemars Piguet Edward Piguet
JLC Reverso
JLC Master Ultra Thin
JLC Master Control
A. Lange & Söhne Langematik
Blancpain Villeret
Franck Muller Casablanca
Glashütte Original Senator

. A couple of questions.
- Do the moonphases / perpetual calendars / chronos all work as expected on the replica watches?
- Do these make the watches less reliable?
- I am using the “[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs” list to find good replica versions fo the watches that I am interested in. E.g. “IWC Portofino AF“. What is the best way to find this watch from the trusted dealer list on RWI - Is is just a case of searching each in turn?
- Which sellers can ship quickly to UK

PS, I have a genuine Omega Seamaster mid-size steel, circa 1995 and an Ebel Sport (?) circa1980’s(?). Most important element of a replica is the ‘feel’ - nice weight, good quality leather strap, smooth and well finished metal etc. This is more important than being a 1:1 replica. Also looking for something mot to large, I think the Omega is a 37mm and the Ebel I think is 34mm.

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Hi there and welcome.

You already have some focus with “not a
Large dress watch” so that’s good. Narrowing it down is next imo. Is a clone movement, how thick must the case be, which complications do you prefer etc. Looking at a Vacheron Constantin 56 myself, real nice work by ZF!

Almost every watch has a thread here so start looking in the sub forums.

Yes moon phases usually work and no realizability is not really an issue. Again, use the individual threads and read up.

Best to just to pick a TD, does not really matter that much which one. Each one has it ups and downs just like the replica watches ha !

Reactions: NotDave

Gin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/10/21
I am really keen on the Patek calatrava. I saw in another thread in this forum where they say it is NWBIG and it is almost indistinguishable from the gen.

I just ordered a patek nautilus and waiting for it to arrive before I jump to buy my next rep and it will likely be the calatrava

Reactions: RedBearrd

yogi23

Horology Curious
7/7/19
Italy
May i suggest a Cartier Tank? Iconic design and really well repped. It's also quite inexpensive since quartz movement.

Last edited:
Reactions: NotDave