• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hi! First time ordering a rep, small questions

ChronoKitsune

Known Member
11/10/21
Down Under
Hey,

Right now I'm trying to get my hands on a rep GMT Master II Batman, and after careful consideration, I chose to order from Hont.

He isn't really responsive right now, are there any holiday or factory issues that I should be aware of so that I can let him do his thing?

Also, is there a place here where I can post QC photos? I can't seem to find a section dedicated for that. I may be blind.

Lastly, are GMF watches any good? Wanted to order from NOOB but after hearing about what's going on over there, I don't think I'll be getting my hands on one anytime soon.

Thanks

Last edited:

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
1. There are issues both with holiday as well as a series of raids that occurred In late summer which are still not completely settled out. So yes you may need to reach out to more than one dealer and see who is available and who has stock on hand is not all factories are even shipping and some are completely gone. For example pure time has the ARF listed on their homepage indicating that it's most likely currently available.

2. Unless you have a specific question you may not post QA pictures until after you have accepted the watch. This is explicitly a no on this form.

3. As you may have already noticed there really is no answer for who has the best xxxxxx. I would suggest you look at and consider either ARF or clean. ARF is known for top notch fit and finish. If VSF was available I would recommend to consider them also but as of right now they're currently not available and I'm not sure if or when they'll be back. Bottom line read the reviews that others have posted on pieces they've received and decide which one has the best balance of flaws fitment and potential reliability.

Reactions: P..DR..D

ChronoKitsune

Known Member
11/10/21
Down Under
1. There are issues both with holiday as well as a series of raids that occurred In late summer which are still not completely settled out. So yes you may need to reach out to more than one dealer and see who is available and who has stock on hand is not all factories are even shipping and some are completely gone. For example pure time has the ARF listed on their homepage indicating that it's most likely currently available.

2. Unless you have a specific question you may not post QA pictures until after you have accepted the watch. This is explicitly a no on this form.

3. As you may have already noticed there really is no answer for who has the best xxxxxx. I would suggest you look at and consider either ARF or clean. ARF is known for top notch fit and finish. If VSF was available I would recommend to consider them also but as of right now they're currently not available and I'm not sure if or when they'll be back. Bottom line read the reviews that others have posted on pieces they've received and decide which one has the best balance of flaws fitment and potential reliability.

Thanks for the response,

1. I'll be sure to check out Puretime.

2. So after I pay for the watch and accept it, I can post pics?

3. Thanks for the suggestion on ARF.

I really appreciate the quick help.

ChronoKitsune

Known Member
11/10/21
Down Under
It would help if you read up in the the new member section, most if not all your questions will be answered there.

Just in a bit of a dilemma in which factory I should get the batman from. Narrowed it down to ARF or clean but im having real trouble deciding haha
Edit: Just decided I'll go with Clean as they seem to have a great reputation... thanks for all of your help though

Last edited:
Reactions: kavorca1