• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Advise on Factory

clock2

Horology Curious
27/5/21
Hello Members,

I've been a memeber since some time but still consider myself a beginner in this very vast field.

I need the expert advice in choosing a factory to buy AP & PANERAI watches. VSF is closed unfortunately which as per my reading of the forum is currently the best to produce PAM so now I'm thinking to buy AP. Please mention which ROO models are close to GEN and which factory to choose for AP's.

Excuse my little knowledge, I'll appreciate everyone's recommendations. Thank you!

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hello Members,

I've been a memeber since some time but still consider myself a beginner in this very vast field.

I need the expert advice in choosing a factory to buy AP & PANERAI watches. VSF is closed unfortunately which as per my reading of the forum is currently the best to produce PAM so now I'm thinking to buy AP. Please mention which ROO models are close to GEN and which factory to choose for AP's.

Excuse my little knowledge, I'll appreciate everyone's recommendations. Thank you!

If you haven't already, visit the Audemars Piguet sub-forum and research the particular ROO model you're interested in. All the best.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
You should also read up on which factories are currently working. As of right now a fair number of them are closed because of the raids. Some will reopen some will not so best to take into consideration while you're doing your research

clock2

Horology Curious
27/5/21
You should also read up on which factories are currently working. As of right now a fair number of them are closed because of the raids. Some will reopen some will not so best to take into consideration while you're doing your research

Thank you for the advice!

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
Welcome to the forum! I was not an AP fan before but I am slowly going in that direction because of many senior members who are also helping me on that journey.

My recommendations would be to have at least an idea of which model that attracts you, also in consideration of your wrist size as APs can be on the bulky side and most importantly your lifestyle (occupation, daily wear, frequency of use etc).

Good luck!

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Please mention which ROO models are close to GEN and which factory to choose for AP's.
Would also advise to visit the AP section to familiarise yourself with the different factories. As the search function of the forum is rubbish, just tap the model you like in Google followed by RWI.

In a nutshell:
Diver -> ZF (little flaws) / JF (more flaws but still acceptable)
RO -> 15400 JF / 15500 ZF (both little flaws)
ROO -> JF (lots of flaws but no choice, it is the only factory producing them)
ROC -> nobody does a good one. Not worth buying but if you do, just get a 85$ quartz from DHgate

Keep an eye at the sale section as well, some really nice one already modded if you strive for something more GEN like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: weezkid