• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New to Hobby

NumbNuttz

Looking Around
8/9/21
Hello, I recently fell in love with Collecting watches, mostly for fancy dress as I work in sales. I soon learned about higher-grade automatics vs quartz and steered my goals. Lofty goals such as Rolex and the like were of course, completely out of my financial reach. But in looking at them I became aware of Replicas. And after becoming enamored with he idea of advertised SWISS Replicas that cost only $1500, and almost purchasing - I became more aware through continued research, that there is no such thing, disheartening. Then I did something I should have done at the beginning, I started searching Reddit and for other, REAL forums for solid advice on how to get the best replicas for the $$$.

This has now turned, seemingly, my watch fascination into a Replica fascination.... at least for the time being. I have been lurking only for a few weeks, and have decided to make my first purchase from GeekTime ( I am in the process currently).

Just wanted to otherwise say hi to everyone and I am here to learn without hopefully asking the same, stupid, annoying questions that I am all but doomed to.

- NumbNuttz

Reactions: tkingjr

NumbNuttz

Looking Around
8/9/21
Also... Northern Colorado Native. Would like to chat with anyone about Hobby

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Hello, I recently fell in love with Collecting watches, mostly for fancy dress as I work in sales. I soon learned about higher-grade automatics vs quartz and steered my goals. Lofty goals such as Rolex and the like were of course, completely out of my financial reach. But in looking at them I became aware of Replicas. And after becoming enamored with he idea of advertised SWISS Replicas that cost only $1500, and almost purchasing - I became more aware through continued research, that there is no such thing, disheartening. Then I did something I should have done at the beginning, I started searching Reddit and for other, REAL forums for solid advice on how to get the best replicas for the $$$.

This has now turned, seemingly, my watch fascination into a Replica fascination.... at least for the time being. I have been lurking only for a few weeks, and have decided to make my first purchase from GeekTime ( I am in the process currently).

Just wanted to otherwise say hi to everyone and I am here to learn without hopefully asking the same, stupid, annoying questions that I am all but doomed to.

- NumbNuttz

I would recommend 4-6 weeks of reading before buying a watch. Only buy a watch from "TD's" Trusted Dealers. Don't use google to find dealers because a Clone Website will scam you. After trying a few TD's, you will find a TD that fits your personality.

What watches are you interested in buying? I will point you in the right direction. You will spend $300-$560 depending on you selection for the best Reps. I am partial to Brietling myself.

Last edited:

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Welcome to the forum Sir,

Lucky escape with the previous site & as mentioned the prevailing advice would be read read read.

You're in the right place now, with so much to learn, so much knowledge to digest and, pardon the pun, plenty of time, absolutely no need to rush anything :search:

Start with all the stickied threads in the New Members Area, then branch out.

Enjoy

:goodluck:

TheChachi

10/9/18
What's up Numbnuttz!

As others have said this is a fantastic forum for learning. Read thru all the stickies and the forum buy and sell rules in the M2M section. As a matter of fact, you should go in there now and read what not to do. There are a few members that do not follow the rules and their sales are on hold. Doing it the right way will save you from embarrassment. Welcome to the club and enjoy your time here. The best of the best in the rep watch world call this place home.

NumbNuttz

Looking Around
8/9/21
I would recommend 4-6 weeks of reading before buying a watch. Only buy a watch from "TD's" Trusted Dealers. Don't use google to find dealers because a Clone Website will scam you. After trying a few TD's, you will find a TD that fits your personality.

What watches are you interested in buying? I will point you in the right direction. You will spend $300-$560 depending on you selection for the best Reps. I am partial to Brietling myself.

Good Question - Watches I am interested in? Well Rolex - Datejust Wimledon, Daytonas, and of course Subs.
But also Omega Seamaster, AP Royal Oak, and Patek Nautilus to name a few. I am also eager to find other yet brands and models I don't know exist.