• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello to the brains trust!

JNSD

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/7/21
Australia
Hi all,

A friend randomly mentioned this site. I then immediately went down the rabbit hole!

Amazing amount of knowledge and frankly fun on here.

I'm absolutely shocked how good the reps are and it's frankly blown my mind.

I've always loved watches but have only ever had to one Genuine Omega Seamaster Chronograph, which I have adored.

I was gearing up to buy a Gen Rolex Sub but just frankly the older I got the less it appealed to me to spend that kind of money - Especially since in the last three years I wear a Garmin Fenix 5x+ every day as I'm a sporty type.

But this has now all changed!

Admittedly the information on here is completely overwhelming. Just trying to work out what Rolex black face date Sub to buy is like deciphering the Da Vinci code.

Do I go with JTime? Do I get the VSF???

I mean it is completely full on trying to navigate it all.

Anyhow, I've joined the Reddit Sub as well (r/RepTime)

Thanks all!

JD

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
  • Welcome!
  • Yes, the more time you spend here, the more you will appreciate watches in general. I was a staunch gen Breitling enthusiast, then I opened up to much more... I started exploring other makes and micro brands.. I was a Rolex hater now have 2 gen rolexes and have Rolex reps :joran:

Reactions: JNSD

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Welcome aboard Sir & enjoy the forum.

Certainly alot to read/digest but well worth it so you make an informed choice pre-purchase and not suffer from buyers regret after rushing in.

Loads of time (no pun intended) so best of luck & happy reading :search:

:goodluck:

JNSD

30/7/21
Australia
Thanks guys for the responses. Appreciate it and all the great info. Very welcoming crew. Look forward to taking the Red Pill.

Reactions: P..DR..D

boogieman

11/8/20
Agree with the boys above.
Take your time with the information available. It can get very titillating to own all the watches you’ve ever wanted but the fun is in enjoying each piece. When you figure out what you’re comfortable and not comfortable with. Modding opens up a whole new level of experience.

Enjoy the ride friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JNSD and P..DR..D

JNSD

30/7/21
Australia
Well, after reading about a 1,000 pages I just pulled the trigger on 2x: [h=3]"SUBMARINER 116610 LN BLACK CERAMIC ZF 1:1 BEST EDITION 904L SS CASE AND BRACELET VR3135"[/h] Ordered from PureTime. Seems that in the current environment that the best Rep I could hope for would be a ZF...

Now the waiting game!

Excited and scared all at the same time.

Munz

7/1/21
United Kingdom
Good luck with your purchase, I been looking at this one as well. Everywhere I have read it seems like VSF one is the best. let's us know once your receive yours. It will be nice to see some real pics

Munz

7/1/21
United Kingdom
Hi mate, did you get your qc pics?
I think I might have to go for 126610LN instead ????

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

JNSD

30/7/21
Australia
Hi guys, as an update, I finally received the watches!

It was a very painful process, as they didn't originally get out of China and were returned to Puretime. Puretime then shipped them again to and they turned up about a week ago.

So from purchase to me was over two months. From some stories I've heard that's reasonable. But I was definitely a bit on edge.

To answer the questions I wish I knew then, these are insane quality, as I'm a newb, I have literally ZERO ideas how to tell and frankly, I would think 99.9% of the world's population would have ZERO ideas as well at this end of the scale.

My biggest concern at the time of the QC was the bubble and if it was straight. I can see now how hard that is to see on images as unless you're a studio photographer it's near impossible to capture the magnifying bubble properly and not make it look skewed and on an angle.

The thing I DID notice is that the edges are all sharp AF as they're straight out of a machine. I set to work on the whole watch with an emery board modelling file. It's now beautiful.

I also purchased a waterproof pressure tester from AliExpress and it's pretty good. Seems to have a very mild leak from the crown which is an easy fix and a not so easy fix of mild bubbles from the face... I want to make it waterproof and am going to work out how to learn to do this properly as this is NOT going to be my last rep!

Images below!

n0WSHmn

Last edited:

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Congrats and well wear Sir,

Am glad it worked out for you & like most of us, once you pop, you can't stop, just prep the wallet ;)