• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Orders

ChockaBlock

Horology Curious
4/4/21
Hi all — I lurked on the forum for several weeks, reading and learning as much as I could, then joined the forum and continued read & learn. Then last week I placed two orders, a PAM from Trusty and a Fusion from JTime. Got the QC pics from Jtime today, but I was concerned that the 12 o'clock markers were noticeably uneven, and the watch tester in the video showed a line going rapidly upward. (I don't know what that means.) So I asked about those things, and I'm waiting to hear back. Still waiting for Trusty, but what with everything going on, I'm content to be patient. Also ordered a YM from MiroTime (rated highly on RepGeek). All three seem to have good email response time. And they seem to be in business, ARF at least is back up and running. Questions: What should a good watch testing line look like? Also, how often do you challenge the QC pics you get? I'm willing to accept minor flaws and things that aren't true to the gen, but I wonder how often regulars here actually question something in the pics. Thanks, Chock.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Firstly, congrats on your orders, you've been busy & 100% the right attitude, patience is paramount.

Taking your questions individually:-

What should a good watch testing line look like?

I am, by no means an expert, so I normally search on here & failing that, Google. I can then rely on people more knowledgeable than me & benifit from their writings :)

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...rapher-results

Also, how often do you challenge the QC pics you get? I'm willing to accept minor flaws and things that aren't true to the gen, but I wonder how often regulars here actually question something in the pics.

Written by the Bossman himself :-
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...tle-on-qc-pics

and:-
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...of-qc-pictures

I think the general consensus is probably to red light a glaring flaw, but not to scrutinise at 20x for something that will likely go unnoticed to the naked eye under a normal setting.

Some people will agree, others won't, doesn't matter, its your money so your call to make, as to what you're happy to live with. Do you want to look at that shiny bit of metal with pride or buyers regret :)

Best of luck & hope the above was of some help.

Last edited:

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
You're very welcome, lots to explore on here, the forum is just full of info just waiting to be digested and shared. And if it hasn't been discussed already, no harm in setting up new threads :)

Well done, now the hardest part - waiting :)

Best of luck & stay safe

Reactions: ChockaBlock

Jasian

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/4/21
Wow.....3 watches at one go. Well done and congrats on your purchase!! Do show some pics when u receive them.

Andres90

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
28/12/20
Wow 3 watches at the first order !! Im waiting for the PAM pictures

ChockaBlock

Horology Curious
4/4/21
Update: the PAM has been unavailable because the factory has been unable to reopen since the raids. I substituted a different watch a few days ago and am waiting for the QC. The JTime Hublot arrived, and the 12 o'clock markers are off, but only can be noticed with a close look. I'm not trying to fool anyone, I just want a nice looking watch I couldn't otherwise afford. So it's fine. Jtime sent the watch efficiently, packed it well, and I received it without problem. I can recommend them. For the third watch, I approved the QC a few days ago.

Reactions: P..DR..D

ChockaBlock

Horology Curious
4/4/21

You can see here how the 12 o'clock markers are off. But the QC pic is a close up. When you look at the actual watch, you'd have to examine it or be an expert to see it.

Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire

You can see here how the 12 o'clock markers are off. But the QC pic is a close up. When you look at the actual watch, you'd have to examine it or be an expert to see it.

The main thing is that you're happy with it.

It's all that matters at the end of the day, so the first thing is to say congrats on your new watch and well wear :)

If you're asking me honestly, yes it's partially visible, more so under a loupe I imagine, but as you correctly say, it's only upon really close examination that you can see anything, unless my eyes are crap too :)

Have a great weekend.