• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Saying Hi + couple questions

Mr.MisChief

Looking Around
4/4/21
Hello everyone!

First-time rep enthusiast here, been reading the RWI forums for the past few days. I am from the USA but originally from Israel, always loved watches but could never justify something super expensive. My most expensive watch is a Raymond Weil Freelancer my parents got me for graduation; the rest are Seikos that I bought myself, plus a very vintage Omega my grandfather left for me when he passed away.

My dream watch is a Tudor Fifty-Eight (the leather version), and I've been thinking about finally buying one from PT (not sure what the rules are bout sharing URLs so not pasting here). I have a couple of questions that would love to get your thoughts and comments:

1. is there a risk (legal/fine etc.) of sending a PT watch to the USA? if so, would you recommend sending it instead to Israel (if anyone's had experience with that)? visiting in a month so can ship it to parents there
2. what's been people's experience with shipping & delivery times to the USA with PT, during covid? if i'm ordering to the US, would ideally want to have it for the Israel visit in about a month's time

Thanks and have a great week everyone!

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Best thing is to contact the TD specifically, they will have every answer you need, and while they may not answer on the public forum, they will via email/PM.

Pure time is one of the biggest TDs on here so best of luck with your first purchase.

Welcome aboard.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
1. Risk is minimal shipping to the USA. There are always risk of seizure, but if you chose a vendor with a seizure replacement policy you're covered.

2. Doubtful you'll get it from china that quickly. You might consider the m2m section for one here in the US someone is selling. Be careful since you're new at this and stick to long term members as sellers Or ones with a series of successful transactions to reduce risk. For example here's one in the Uk from a long standing member I wouldn't hesitate to buy from. you could discuss expedited shipping and pay the cost. I'd expect this to arrive well before it's needed. Just another option to consider.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-watch-sales/9758543-zf-tudor-bb-58-black-bezel

rwacc

Known Member
17/1/21
Purchasing reps for personal is usually not an issue for most countries, but selling them can be. Some TDs offer re-shipping if it gets seized by customs, but the risk, as said above, isn't great.